I think Skype is dead, daad, dead

Lino Morales

Well like I said. I've not seen any new development of new versions of Skype. Has anyone heard anything new from Microsloth? I'm running Skype Indider builds and I'am at V 8.68. I'll give it till May 31 and if I hear nothing I'm ditching Skype forever and lieaving this list. Nothing against you guys of course. You all are good people.

Bill White

Well, Lino. You are running Skype version 8.68, and I just yesterday to the Skype website, and updated to version 8.71. If you want to give up that easily, it's your choice. But I'd rather see them develop something that works, instead of developing something it will take them several builds to fix any bugs.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

-----Original Message-----
From: main@skypeenglish.groups.io [mailto:main@skypeenglish.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 6:55 PM
To: main@skypeenglish.groups.io
Subject: [skypeenglish] I think Skype is dead, daad, dead

Well like I said. I've not seen any new development of new versions of
Skype. Has anyone heard anything new from Microsloth? I'm running Skype
Indider builds and I'am at V 8.68. I'll give it till May 31 and if I
hear nothing I'm ditching Skype forever and lieaving this list. Nothing
against you guys of course. You all are good people.

Alan Conway

Well, 8.71 came out a little while ago.

Alan

From: main@skypeenglish.groups.io <main@skypeenglish.groups.io> On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: May 4, 2021 9:55 PM

Well like I said. I've not seen any new development of new versions of Skype. Has anyone heard anything new from Microsloth? I'm running Skype Indider builds and I'am at V 8.68. I'll give it till May 31 and if I hear nothing I'm ditching Skype forever and lieaving this list. Nothing against you guys of course. You all are good people.

John Holcomb II

I just update when the updater comes up when I reboot Windows.
John

From: main@skypeenglish.groups.io <main@skypeenglish.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2021 10:28 PM
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] I think Skype is dead, daad, dead

Well, Lino. You are running Skype version 8.68, and I just yesterday to the Skype website, and updated to version 8.71. If you want to give up that easily, it's your choice. But I'd rather see them develop something that works, instead of developing something it will take them several builds to fix any bugs.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

From: main@skypeenglish.groups.io [mailto:main@skypeenglish.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lino Morales

Bill White

Hi, John. That's usually what I do, too, but I heard people talking about version 8.71, and I only had 8.68, and the updater didn't give me 8.71, so I went to the website to update.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

From: main@skypeenglish.groups.io [mailto:main@skypeenglish.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Holcomb II
Sent: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 8:14 PM

John

From: main@skypeenglish.groups.io <main@skypeenglish.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

Jerry Pryde

That's what came down in the automatic update.  So, I uninstalled it after restarting the system, because the sounds weren't working.

After a fresh download from skype.com, it seems to be OK so far.

I'm checking regularly for messages, just in case.

The ringtone when a call comes in works, and the hang up sound.

The typing and the incoming message sounds don't seem to work.

On 2021-05-05 12:56 a.m., Bill White wrote:
Hi, John. That's usually what I do, too, but I heard people talking about version 8.71, and I only had 8.68, and the updater didn't give me 8.71, so I went to the website to update.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

From: main@skypeenglish.groups.io [mailto:main@skypeenglish.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Holcomb II
Sent: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 8:14 PM

John

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

Michele Barbi

Hello guys, starting from the end, as I said yesterday on my case sounds are effectively working, only thing that comes to my mind is that possibly the sound for an incoming message can be a little lower than the other ones, but I actually was having my headphones when I got them yesterday.

Talking about versions instead, they also launched 8.69 for a certain period but it apparently has been retired, at least for Windows. What I normally do instead is as follows: I consult https://ninite.com for checking if there are updates of my program, and when I see one of Skype I immediately go to download the installer from its website. So, summarizing, here are my suppositions:

1. the Skype autoupdater is not working, at least not for every user;-- 

2. if you're using Skype for Windows 10 (formerly Skype uwp), chances are there is an issue in the Microsoft Store for Skype updates.
Bye!
Barbuz
Inviato da Thunderbird su Windows 10