Topics

How do you read previous messages on skype?

Randy Tijerina

Hi friends. let's say you missed a few messages on skype?
How do you read the chat contents..of what was said on skype?

Sarah k Alawami

I just hit enter and up and down arrow or hit f to cycle through the messages. Remember it's a web page, or looks like it, so use your web reading keys at least with browse mode off when using nvda.

On 24 Mar 2019, at 13:31, Randy Tijerina wrote:

Hi friends. let's say you missed a few messages on skype?
How do you read the chat contents..of what was said on skype?

Randy Tijerina

I don't use NVDA unfortunately.
I use jaws.

I just hit enter and up and down arrow or hit f to cycle through the
messages. Remember it's a web page, or looks like it, so use your web
reading keys at least with browse mode off when using nvda.

On 24 Mar 2019, at 13:31, Randy Tijerina wrote:

Hi friends. let's say you missed a few messages on skype?
How do you read the chat contents..of what was said on skype?

Michele Barbi

Hey Randy, if using JAWS scripts for Skype by Doug Lee, you have to open the chat saying that there is unread content, then press the Skype command key, which is a left braket by default, followed by h. Once you do that, scroll the messages with harrows.

Try usign your web keystrokes in jaws, f. for form, b for button etc. I know doug has some scripts, but since I don't use a windows pc much, or jaws, I'm not much help here.