From: skypeenglish@groups.io <skypeenglish@groups.io> on behalf of Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2018 12:01:16 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] help with the new 8.3 version of skype.

I doubt they will, so until and if they do, learn skype 8 and learn the
key strokes, and learn your web keys. If you don't like it not much you
can  do but uninstall skype and use zoom or nothing at all. Harsh, but
true  in this case.

Take care

On 4 Oct 2018, at 3:14, Joseph Machise wrote:

> Clare thanks hope they get GW back again under another name from
> Joseph.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Clare Page"
> <clare.page@...>

Shaun Oliver

further to my last, case in point, my last, I wrote on my iPad. there are no hotkeys or keyboard keystrokes specifically for skype on said device, nore are there specific ones save those already clearly listed for the mac either. nor are there any for the iPhone. Yet, lo and behold, shock of all shocks, I can still use them efficiently with the same level of productivity. now isn't that a kick in the pants?

On 5/10/2018 01:38, Shaun Oliver wrote:
Thank you Sarah. I would not have even been as nice about it. as it was, I’d already stated that it won’t happen due to the deprecated API and unavailability of the SDK.

and really, Joseph, Comments such as to hell with microsoft are the kinds of comments we could all quite frankly do without, simply because MS, in recent times, has actually begun to carefully consider accessibility and implement same, despite the bleeting from the NFB wanting to keep accessibility firmly within the control of the blindness community. and really people as a whole, accessibility is not limited to blind people alone. we do not, nor wil we ever hold the monopoly on accessibility needs, so I suggest we dispense with the badmouthing, disparraging remarks, the complaining that this isn’t predictable or how unfair it is that we’re losing hotkeys that quite frankly nobody gives a rodent’s rectum about, and just learn the new interface, build a bridge and get over it.

Sent from Shaun's iPad

On 5 Oct 2018, at 01:31, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

I doubt they will, so until and if they do, learn skype 8 and learn the key strokes, and learn your web keys. If you don't like it not much you can do but uninstall skype and use zoom or nothing at all. Harsh, but true in this case.

Take care

On 4 Oct 2018, at 3:14, Joseph Machise wrote:

Clare thanks hope they get GW back again under another name from Joseph.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Clare Page" <clare.page@...>

The plan for taking an incoming call in Skype 8 is this:

1. Make a shortcut key that immediately puts focus on the Skype 8 window.
Do this by assigning a shortcut key, such as Ctrl+Shift+Alt+K, to the
Skype 8 Desktop shortcut.

2. When a call comes in, type your shortcut, tab for caller ID, then tab
to the Answer button and press Space.

This is more keystrokes than Alt+PgUp was, but it is also less prone to
[...]

Sarah k Alawami

Lol. I'm the admin. I have to be nice. Hehahahahaha. I am also working on my professional tone, which needs a lot of work.

And yes I do agree. One more comment like that from anyone and they will with out warning be placed on a 1 month moderation. We want to make the list constructive and these archives by my choice are public, so let's try and be civil here. If you don't like it, as my teacher used to say, there's the door. I do not want to moderate the topic but one more bad apple and it will either be moderated or locked. You all have ben forewarned.

On 4 Oct 2018, at 9:08, Shaun Oliver wrote:

[...]

and by that reasoning, given the archives are public, and searchable by the internet as a whole, it is therefore, not beyond the realm of possibility that the afforementioned remarks would, I can say with almost 100% certainty, find their way back to the vendor that is being railed against, thus causing very real problems in the long run for those of us that are stern yet polite when we approach same to discuss overall improvements to accessibility for various applications we'd like to make good use of in the future. it is those kinds of comments and remarks and complaints about how not enough is being done and what is already there is nowhere near enough that causes devs on the whole to say, and please excuse my use of the more colorful, even if by initial only, "F you, we don't want to be bothered with it because it's too hard." when in reality, gaining accessibility is as much about attitude as developers willingness to accomodate.

so I am with Sarah 100% on this.

On 5/10/2018 02:03, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
[...]

John Holcomb II

Not happening.

Clare thanks hope they get GW back again under another name from Joseph.

John Holcomb II

I think MS should actually be commended on their accessibility with Skype and their other products.
No company does everything perfect, but if I wanted to right now, I could walk up to any Windows 10 based computer and use it, and probably get Skype to work somehow accessibly too! I say somehow as I have not used narrator and Skype together, but they're all about making first party software work well, and third party stuff too.

Now how amazing is that?

The plan for taking an incoming call in Skype 8 is this:

1. Make a shortcut key that immediately puts focus on the Skype 8
window.
Do this by assigning a shortcut key, such as Ctrl+Shift+Alt+K, to
the Skype 8 Desktop shortcut.

2. When a call comes in, type your shortcut, tab for caller ID,
then tab to the Answer button and press Space.

This is more keystrokes than Alt+PgUp was, but it is also less
prone to the, "Oh goodness, I did not mean to pick up that call!"
[...]

Andre Polykanine

Hello Joseph,
Sorry, but no way. Skype, it seems, closed all of its APIs for now.

--
With best regards from Ukraine,
Andre