Topics

Help with history dividers

Léonie Watson

The release notes for version 73 of the Skype Electron scripts includes this new feature:

"Speech and Braille indicate chat history dividers like "Today" and "Yesterday" as they are jumped over during history navigation with arrows. This material is spoken in a lower voice to distinguish it from the newly selected history entry."

Can someone let me know how to access this information? Using the arrow keys doesn't seem to cause the announcements, but I think the note references this, so I'm stuck as to how it's supposed to work.

Using Jaws 2019 on Windows 10, in case that info helps.

Thanks.
Léonie.

--
@LeonieWatson tink.uk Carpe diem

Doug Lee

As you arrow past a divider, like "Today," JAWS should say the divider's text as you arrow down and the text with the word "leaving" before it as you arrow up. So, when you arrow down to the first message under "today," JAWS
should say "Today" in a lower voice before announcing the new message. When you arrow up away from that message, JAWS should say "Leaving today," to indicate that you are leaving that section of the message history.

If you are not hearing these messages and you know that you are crossing dividers, let me know which Skype 8 version you are running (Ctrl+Ins+V should tell you) and which JAWS version.

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 12:51:16PM +0000, L??onie Watson wrote:
The release notes for version 73 of the Skype Electron scripts includes this
new feature:

"Speech and Braille indicate chat history dividers like "Today" and
"Yesterday" as they are jumped over during history navigation with arrows.
This material is spoken in a lower voice to distinguish it from the newly
selected history entry."

Can someone let me know how to access this information? Using the arrow keys
doesn't seem to cause the announcements, but I think the note references this,
so I'm stuck as to how it's supposed to work.

Using Jaws 2019 on Windows 10, in case that info helps.

Thanks.
L??onie.

--
@LeonieWatson tink.uk Carpe diem

"All these years, the people said, 'He's acting like a kid.'
He did not know he could not fly, so he did."
--Guy Clark, "The Cape" (Dublin Blues)

Michele Barbi

Hey Doug, do you need the JAWS complete build number? Our friend already told us, JAWS 2019 is installed on Windows 10.

The more important number is the full Skype version number; but since I see no obvious cause for this situation, I'm trying to be as specific as I can about where it occurs. :-)

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 05:18:13PM +0100, Michele Barbi wrote:
Hey Doug, do you need the JAWS complete build number? Our friend already told
us, JAWS 2019 is installed on Windows 10.

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds
new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' ('I found it!') but rather 'hmm....
that's funny...'" -- Isaac Asimov

Sarah k Alawami

Will this work in nvda? I use nvda, or do I need to use my heading keys for this. I don't use skype with nvda on windows anymore, but if I ever have to, thought I'd ask here.

On 28 Dec 2018, at 8:39, Doug Lee wrote:

The more important number is the full Skype version number; but since I see no obvious cause for this situation, I'm trying to be as specific as I can about where it occurs. :-)

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 05:18:13PM +0100, Michele Barbi wrote:
Hey Doug, do you need the JAWS complete build number? Our friend already told
us, JAWS 2019 is installed on Windows 10.

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds
new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' ('I found it!') but rather 'hmm....
that's funny...'" -- Isaac Asimov

Léonie Watson

Thanks Doug. I'm sorry, it is in fact working, but I needed to restart Jaws after installing the scripts for it to happen.

Very glad to have this feature. Thank you.

On 28/12/2018 13:45, Doug Lee wrote:
[...]

I have not written this feature for NVDA.

Doug Lee dgl@... [1]http://www.dlee.org
Level Access doug.lee@... [2]http://www.LevelAccess.com