Topics

having trouble with search feature

ken lawrence

Hi skype users ken here.  Last night was trying to search for someone by phone number and skype said One item found.  A little baffling because I couldn’t see where it was.  I kept going round and round with people, all, and other stuff but couldn’t find whether I tabbed or arrowed if there was a match to my search.  I was trying it with our radio station and had the same problem I wanted to make sure I got the updated result and couldn’t tell one from the other.  Any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Michele Barbi

Hi Ken,

since some time I don't add people, so I don't know if with latest Skype 8.59 it begann a bit buggy...

Anyway, I am afraid that when it gives only one result there's only a button which lets you invite your friends to use Skype, so chances are your friend did not make a Skype account using only his/her cellphone number, and/or he did not put the number in the profile.

Smiling?

Being a JAWS user, I just use the keystroke Control+Shift+S to open up the search field.

Type whatever it is that I am interested in searching for (which JAWS will tell you the number of results found) and then just tab down to the results which you then just arrow to each.