Topics

Has Skype 8.69 for Windows really been retired?

Michele Barbi

Hi there, I was waiting for a scripts update since I encountered that Skype 8.69 broke some fixes that Doug already made in the past. I recently figured out though, that when I go to Skype's download page I get version 8.68 once again. There is an hotfix for the Mac version, but in Windows the situation is like I described. Do you have some news on it?

I already had Skype 8.68 installer so I decided to downgrade for now, and when I go to check for updates I get the message saying that I have the latest version.

Jerry Pryde

I'm using Skype for Windows version 8.68.0.96, the latest version I'm aware of.

I actually did a fresh download recently, and that's what I got from skype.com

Not sure this is helpful.

On 2021-03-19 4:08 p.m., Michele Barbi wrote:
Hi there, I was waiting for a scripts update since I encountered that Skype 8.69 broke some fixes that Doug already made in the past. I recently figured out though, that when I go to Skype's download page I get version 8.68 once again. There is an hotfix for the Mac version, but in Windows the situation is like I described. Do you have some news on it?

I already had Skype 8.68 installer so I decided to downgrade for now, and when I go to check for updates I get the message saying that I have the latest version.

I have repeatedly looked but never seen Skype 8.69 offered directly by Microsoft, though I have checked the Microsoft Store and the "Check for Updates" in Desktop Skype more often than I checked the skype.com website.

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 09:08:01PM +0100, Michele Barbi wrote:
Hi there, I was waiting for a scripts update since I encountered that Skype
8.69 broke some fixes that Doug already made in the past. I recently figured
out though, that when I go to Skype's download page I get version 8.68 once
again. There is an hotfix for the Mac version, but in Windows the situation is
like I described. Do you have some news on it?

I already had Skype 8.68 installer so I decided to downgrade for now, and when
I go to check for updates I get the message saying that I have the latest
version.

Reality is not what we see. Reality is what is, whether we see it or not.
(03/01/09)

Michele Barbi

Ok Jerry and Doug, thanks for your replies. We'll see what happens of that, since I think you're not certain...