From: Skypeenglish [mailto:skypeenglish-bounces at lists.tffppodcast.com] On
Behalf Of Doug Lee via Skypeenglish
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 4:52 PM
To: Walt Smith via Skypeenglish
Subject: Re: [Skypeenglish] Frustrated with my return to Skype

The location change for script files in JAWS 17 is not a bug but is a
reorganization that is part of changes
in how scripts will be rendered in non-English languages going forward. If
you have my latest scripts, which
come with an updated installer capable of handling this change, things
should work as usual in JAWS 17.

Your difficulty calling Echo123 sounds like an Internet connectivity or
bandwidth issue, though admittedly I'm
guessing there.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Doug Lee via Skypeenglish)...

Perhaps you and I are referring to a different change in JAWS 17. Here's what I am referring to, and this
stays as I describe in the JAWS 17 release:

The JAWS shared folder, which housed various script, configuration, dictionary, etc. files that come with JAWS
itself, is now split up into three folders:

The original folder, settings\enu (or use your favorite language code in place of enu), remains present but
only contains some files, such as configuration (jcf) files that don't depend on the JAWS language.

There is now a Scripts folder where jss and other script files go. This folder is parallel to, not under the
Settings folder. Curiously, jsm files also go in this folder rather than in the next one I describe.

Inside the new Scripts folder, there is finally another folder for the active language, such as enu. This
folder contains files that are language-dependent and part of script sets. I currently see jkm, jsd, and jbs
files there.

I don't know what specific rules governed where various file types ended up, but I do know that this new
structure remains in the JAWS 17 release.

This new organization only applies to scripts that came with JAWS, not to custom scripts, such as my Skype
scripts. Custom scripts still go in the JAWS user folder, not any of the shared folders.

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 04:44:32PM -0400, Walt Smith via Skypeenglish wrote:
Doug -

I beg to differ. I reported this problem as a bug and this was confirmed in
a personal e-mail to me from the beta test manager. I am aware of the
change, but it was not properly implemented until (I hope) today's final
release of JAWS 17.

--
Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Walt Smith via Skypeenglish)...

Doug -

We are referring to the same thing, but in the last beta release, the
function actually pointed to the wrong directory. If I selected Explore
Scripts from the Start Menu>JAWS 17.0>Explore JAWS, I was not placed into
the correct directory. I reported this via the beta bug report form and was
first told the same thing you said here; that this was a new function, blah,
blah. I replied to Rosemary and showed her with exact path details exactly
what the problem was and she then replied claiming this as a "good catch"
and stating that it would be fixed. It appears to have been fixed in the
public release, 17.0.1010.

[...]

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Melissa Stott via Skypeenglish)...

I can't seem to install the scripts in Jaws17 either. It says something
about Skype watch. I get an error message.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Walt Smith via Skypeenglish)...

When I tried to install the scripts in the last version of the JAWS beta,
they would not install. They did install fine in JAWS 16, which I had on the
same computer along with 17. I haven't tried yet to install them in the
final JAWS 17 update release.

Behalf Of Melissa Stott via Skypeenglish
Sent: Saturday, October 31, 2015 2:35 PM
To: screen readers' access to skype and its interface.

I can't seem to install the scripts in Jaws17 either. It says something
about Skype watch. I get an error message.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Melissa Stott via Skypeenglish)...

I tried this morning, and it would not install.

Sent: Saturday, October 31, 2015 2:35 PM
To: screen readers' access to skype and its interface.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (anwar masieh via Skypeenglish)...

Respected friend, make sure that you are installing jaws script for skype
version 622B revision 934.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com