Topics

down and dirty basics with 8.3

Steve Gladstone

Hi y’all,

I’m using Windows 10 and JAWS 2019 and need some basic survival tips for using Skype 8.3:

  1. Can someone please provide me with the link to the latest D.L. scripts for Windows 10 and JAWS 2019 users
  2. I need the simplest and most direct strokes for:
  • Answering and hanging up
  • Finding a specific contact in my list of 97 contacts
  • Adding a new contact to my contact list

Greatly appreciate the help.

Steve

Michele Barbi

Hello Steve,
JAWS 2019 should have Skype 8 scripts installed by default. However, if you want to install the JAWS scripts for Skype Electron by Doug Lee, here it's the direct link: http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/jfw_skypeelectron.exe
The hotkeys you asked should be Skype native commands, these are as follows if my memory does not go wrong:
  • ctrl+shift+p starts an audio call, not sure if it also works for answering;
  • ctrl+e ends the current call;
  • ctrl+shift+s is used for searching people.
Anyway you can consult this table for more info: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12025/what-are-keyboard-shortcuts-and-how-do-i-use-them-in-skype

Mike DeZinno

Hello All,
I recently asked a sighted friend to find Skype Electron for me at the MS website.
They couldn't seem to locate it under that name so they downloaded the Desktop version.
This is what came to me:  Skype-8.34.0.78.exe
Is this the correct version I need to put onto a new machine running Windows 10 and Jaws 2019?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike in SC

At 03:35 AM 12/1/2018, you wrote:
Hello Steve,
JAWS 2019 should have Skype 8 scripts installed by default. However, if you want to install the JAWS scripts for Skype Electron by Doug Lee, here it's the direct link: http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/jfw_skypeelectron.exe
The hotkeys you asked should be Skype native commands, these are as follows if my memory does not go wrong:
  • ctrl+shift+p starts an audio call, not sure if it also works for answering;
  • ctrl+e ends the current call;
  • ctrl+shift+s is used for searching people.
Anyway you can consult this table for more info: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12025/what-are-keyboard-shortcuts-and-how-do-i-use-them-in-skype

John Holcomb II

Yes.

That is Skype 8 electron.

At 03:35 AM 12/1/2018, you wrote:

Hello Steve,
JAWS 2019 should have Skype 8 scripts installed by default. However, if you want to install the JAWS scripts for Skype Electron by Doug Lee, here it's the direct link: http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/jfw_skypeelectron.exe
The hotkeys you asked should be Skype native commands, these are as follows if my memory does not go wrong:

  • ctrl+shift+p starts an audio call, not sure if it also works for answering;
  • ctrl+e ends the current call;
  • ctrl+shift+s is used for searching people.

Anyway you can consult this table for more info: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12025/what-are-keyboard-shortcuts-and-how-do-i-use-them-in-skype

Mike DeZinno

John, Thank you so much for the fast response and the help.
Mike in SC

At 06:04 PM 12/6/2018, you wrote:
Yes.
That is Skype 8 electron.

At 03:35 AM 12/1/2018, you wrote:

Hello Steve,
JAWS 2019 should have Skype 8 scripts installed by default. However, if you want to install the JAWS scripts for Skype Electron by Doug Lee, here it's the direct link: http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/jfw_skypeelectron.exe
The hotkeys you asked should be Skype native commands, these are as follows if my memory does not go wrong:
  • ctrl+shift+p starts an audio call, not sure if it also works for answering;
  • ctrl+e ends the current call;
  • ctrl+shift+s is used for searching people.
Anyway you can consult this table for more info: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12025/what-are-keyboard-shortcuts-and-how-do-i-use-them-in-skype

John Holcomb II

Your very welcome.

John in PA

John, Thank you so much for the fast response and the help.
Mike in SC
At 06:04 PM 12/6/2018, you wrote:

Yes.
That is Skype 8 electron.