Topics

locked damn you microsoft!

Mike Bernard

My computer just upgraded itself to this lousy version 8. Whatever the hell it is. I can’t even navigate through this stupid interface. What did they do to my contact history? And where is the toolbar?

If they keep damaging software like this, I’m likely to ditch this thing altogether and switch back to using the phone. Microsoft has ruined yet another perfectly good piece of software.

Mike

Do you like disco? Do you like to shake your groove with New Wave, 90s Hiphop, Or today’s slammin hits? If so, check out my show every Wednesday night from 7 to 9 pm Eastern on ACB Radio Interactive at

www.acbradio.org/interactive

Lino Morales

Here we go again. More bitching and complaining. II swear Sarah you really need to stop the messages like this from coming cause I know I’m not the only one who’s sick and tired of all the cry baby complaining.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

My computer just upgraded itself to this lousy version 8. Whatever the hell it is. I can’t even navigate through this stupid interface. What did they do to my contact history? And where is the toolbar?

If they keep damaging software like this, I’m likely to ditch this thing altogether and switch back to using the phone. Microsoft has ruined yet another perfectly good piece of software.

Mike

Do you like disco? Do you like to shake your groove with New Wave, 90s Hiphop, Or today’s slammin hits? If so, check out my show every Wednesday night from 7 to 9 pm Eastern on ACB Radio Interactive at

www.acbradio.org/interactive

Stephen Troy

I think those who are unexpectedly updated and seeing skype 8 for the
first time should be allowed a little jolt of surprise and a right to
comment. anyone who says skype 8 isn't different is foolish to say the
least.

mike, it is new but skype 8 is most definitely more accessible today
than it was originally and you can get keystrokes, tips and hints from
Microsoftplus doug's own scripts from the following links.

http://dlee.org/skype/electron

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12025/what-are-keyboard-shortcuts-and-how-do-i-use-them-in-skype

give it a go and you will get used to it.

steve

On 01/02/2019, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:
Here we go again. More bitching and complaining. II swear Sarah you really
need to stop the messages like this from coming cause I know I’m not the
only one who’s sick and tired of all the cry baby complaining.

10

________________________________
My computer just upgraded itself to this lousy version 8. Whatever the hell
it is. I can’t even navigate through this stupid interface. What did they do
to my contact history? And where is the toolbar?
If they keep damaging software like this, I’m likely to ditch this thing
altogether and switch back to using the phone. Microsoft has ruined yet
another perfectly good piece of software.
Mike
Do you like disco? Do you like to shake your groove with New Wave, 90s
Hiphop, Or today’s slammin hits? If so, check out my show every Wednesday
night from 7 to 9 pm Eastern on ACB Radio Interactive at
www.acbradio.org/interactive<http://www.acbradio.org/interactive>

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon>
Virus-free.

Lino Morales

Well maybe so. People have been warned month in advance that this was going to happen. No I’m not expecting everybody and their grandma to keep up on tech news, but still this crap is getting old like yesterday’s crap inside of a litter box.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I think those who are unexpectedly updated and seeing skype 8 for the
first time should be allowed a little jolt of surprise and a right to
comment. anyone who says skype 8 isn't different is foolish to say the
least.

mike, it is new but skype 8 is most definitely more accessible today
than it was originally and you can get keystrokes, tips and hints from
 Microsoftplus doug's own scripts from the following links.

http://dlee.org/skype/electron

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12025/what-are-keyboard-shortcuts-and-how-do-i-use-them-in-skype

give it a go and you will get used to it.

steve

On 01/02/2019, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:
> Here we go again. More bitching and complaining. II swear Sarah you really
> need to stop the messages like this from coming cause I know I’m not the
> only one who’s sick and tired of all the cry baby complaining.

> 10

Mike Bernard

Look Lino,

You may not like the idea that we’re (as you say), bitching and complaining, but you know what? if I remember correctly, It is a free country, and we do have every right to do so. We’re not all technical geeks who can just make a big switch overnight. Upgrading the software is one thing, but there was no need for Microsoft to mess up the interface. They could’ve just upgraded the software and left the interface alone. Do you have any idea as to the hassel this is going to cause people now? I wouldn’t be surprised if the number of skype users were to drop significantly due to this, and if people decide to ditch skype altogether and switch to some other voip program I can’t say I wouldn’t blame them. They may be the largest corporate giant in the country, but it still doesn’t give Microsoft the right to just take over everything. Thanks for the Info Steve. I’ll be sure to check out those links.

Mike

[...]

Don't worry. Everythign will be taken care of.

Take care