Topics

contact status

Gary Jackson

Hey all,

It seems like lately skype is incorrectly showing  my contact's status. I'm seeing mine sometimes as being offline when they are in fact right there. Also, some have told me that mine shows me offline when I am certainly here. Is anybody else seeing this?

Gary

Sarah k Alawami

Yep, all the time for me. I hate it. And it's ben happenign for months, especially during my classes.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 4 Apr 2020, at 12:05, Gary Jackson wrote:

Hey all,

It seems like lately skype is incorrectly showing  my contact's status. I'm seeing mine sometimes as being offline when they are in fact right there. Also, some have told me that mine shows me offline when I am certainly here. Is anybody else seeing this?

Gary

ken lawrence

I just took a look at mine skype and noticed something. I see several that say only mood message it’s not saying whether they are online, or offline or away.  Going to look at active contacts filtering it that way.  Am still learning the nuts and bolts of the new skype.  I didn’t realize it was even active all the time until dan buzzed me about the radio station.  I hear skype ringing and wondered why CTRO P wasn’t working.  I had to go to action center and open it up and call him back.  Working on it.  I hope NVDA gets an add on for skype that works with the new version of NVDA when I sign into the radio station account or sign back into mine after a show I can’t get NVDA out of focus mode.  Not even tabbing away from the signin form seems to work. 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2020 3:05 PM
To: Gary Jackson
Subject: [skypeenglish] contact status

Hey all,

It seems like lately skype is incorrectly showing  my contact's status.

I'm seeing mine sometimes as being offline when they are in fact right

there. Also, some have told me that mine shows me offline when I am

certainly here. Is anybody else seeing this?

Gary

Sarah k Alawami

Yep, have had that issue too. My students just have their names, not if they have ben active. One is on DND but still picks up as if he heard the call. Others say "active recently." but they are online now. Yeah, confusing.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page YOu will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 4 Apr 2020, at 13:27, ken lawrence via groups.io wrote:

I just took a look at mine skype and noticed something. I see several that say only mood message it’s not saying whether they are online, or offline or away.  Going to look at active contacts filtering it that way.  Am still learning the nuts and bolts of the new skype.  I didn’t realize it was even active all the time until dan buzzed me about the radio station.  I hear skype ringing and wondered why CTRO P wasn’t working.  I had to go to action center and open it up and call him back.  Working on it.  I hope NVDA gets an add on for skype that works with the new version of NVDA when I sign into the radio station account or sign back into mine after a show I can’t get NVDA out of focus mode.  Not even tabbing away from the signin form seems to work. 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2020 3:05 PM
To: Gary Jackson
Subject: [skypeenglish] contact status

Hey all,

It seems like lately skype is incorrectly showing  my contact's status.

I'm seeing mine sometimes as being offline when they are in fact right

there. Also, some have told me that mine shows me offline when I am

certainly here. Is anybody else seeing this?

Gary