Topics

Can Jaws speak incoming messages while I am typing?typing

ann

Hi,

Is there a way to get Jaws to continue to read incoming messages while I am typing to send a message? This used to work flawlessly in Skype 7, but has not worked at all since Skype 8.. I'm using Jaws 2020 and/or 2019, and the latest version of Windows10.

Thanks,

~Ann

Michele Barbi

Hello Ann and list, I don't know if you can do much about it...

First thing I should say is, if you configured typing echo to characters or both characters and words, you may lose some notifications, not only Skype ones, because they appear just a moment before you type a letter. Apart from that, afaik, Skype does not send notifications and "message sent" indications if split view is active; I don't remember technical reasons for this, I think Doug is more expert than me on this.