After updating to Skype7.8 this morning, I found that a Bing process was running in my task manager, and runs every time at startup. The name Bing wasn't in any of the services listed.

Has anyone else had this problem? I didn't see any boxes to uncheck at the time I ran the update file which would have opted me out of getting this Bing process, and having my home page and search providers changed in my Internet browsers. Did I miss some check boxes, or do they put this on everybody's computers who update to Skype7.8 now?

Thank you.
Bill White billwhite92701 at dslextreme.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 12127 (20150820) __________

http://www.eset.com

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Doug Lee via Skypeenglish)...

There are indeed checkboxes to turn these things off during
installation. I installed 7.8 and unchecked them on my way through. To
find them, make sure you Tab around every screen during installation
to see what's there. I don't remember the sequence well enough to tell
you exact field names, but I remember first seeing a screen with a
checkbox for installing Skype Click to Call, then another screen with
two checkboxes, one for "Make Bing my search engine" and the other for
something else. Every single time I run a Skype installer, all three
of these are checked by default.

Bill White [1]billwhite92701 at dslextreme.com

signature database 12127 (20150820) __________
[2]http://www.eset.com

References

1. mailto:billwhite92701 at dslextreme.com
2. http://www.eset.com/

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"You must let me try, for a true soldier does not admit defeat before
the battle."
--Helen Keller (in a letter to the president of Radcliffe College)

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Andre Polykanine via Skypeenglish)...

Hello Doug and all,

More than that, there is a piece of software called Unchecky. What it
does is, well, unchecking likely unwanted checkboxes:
http://unchecky.com/

--
With best regards from Ukraine,
Andre