message notification sound

Gary Jackson

Michele,

Thanks for the help. I had already checked those settings but figured, well, I could  have missed something.

Gary

On 8/4/2021 4:28 PM, Michele Barbi wrote:
Ok, I figured out that the checkbox which I was referring is already active. I do not know what else to suggest right now...

Ok, I figured out that the checkbox which I was referring is already active. I do not know what else to suggest right now...

Gary Jackson

Hi Michele,

I copied these settings from speech history. Seems like  these should be right.

Gary

Chat notifications, Receive push notifications for new messages check box checked
On
To clear checkmark press Spacebar.
Contact comes online notification, Notify me when someone comes online check box checked
On
To clear checkmark press Spacebar.
Chat notifications, Receive push notifications for new messages check box checked
On
To clear checkmark press Spacebar.
Contact comes online notification, Notify me when someone comes online check box checked
On
To clear checkmark press Spacebar.
Reactions, Receive push notifications when someone reacts to your message. check box checked
On
To clear checkmark press Spacebar.
Notification sounds, Play sounds for new messages check box checked
On
To clear checkmark press Spacebar.
Tips & Tricks, Show in app notifications from Skype about features. Critical system notifications will still be shown even if toggled off. check box not checked
Off
To check press Spacebar.
Scheduled call notifications, Receive notifications for scheduled calls check box checked
On
To clear checkmark press Spacebar.
Poll notifications, Receive push notifications for polls check box checked
On
To clear checkmark press Spacebar.
Show chat notifications, Receive push and in-app banner notifications while do not disturb is on check box not checked
Off
To check press Spacebar.
Show call notifications, Receive push call notifications while do not disturb is on check box checked
On
To clear checkmark press Spacebar.
Missed chat reminders, Receive email reminder about chats you have missed in the last 72 hours. check box checked
On
To clear checkmark press Spacebar.
Missed call reminders, Receive email reminders about calls you have missed in the last 72 hours. check box checked
On
To clear checkmark press Spacebar.

On 8/4/2021 3:43 PM, Michele Barbi wrote:
Hi Gary, try going in the Skype preferences, notifications tab; there you should find a checkbox which says "play sound for new message", make sure it is checked.

Hi Gary, try going in the Skype preferences, notifications tab; there you should find a checkbox which says "play sound for new message", make sure it is checked.

Gary Jackson

guys,

I seem to have lost the notification sound when you receive a text message.  Any idea why?

Gary