Skype 8.69, problem with the scripts

Michele Barbi

Ok, I see. So we need to wait... Smile.

I removed the Dropbox folders for translation work when I switched to the XML approach for localization. I am using the Desktop version rather than the Store version now so I will get updates sooner, but I don't install
updates except via Skype itself or via the official website. I actually prefer to use "Check for Updates" in Skype itself because I figure an update is most likely stable when it can be found there.

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 11:17:15PM +0100, Michele Barbi wrote:
Ah ok. I personally never wait for autoupdate, I always download the
installer, but of course that's a matter of personal use...

Do you still have our Dropbox ita folder? If so, I can share the installer for
you if needed.

"There's no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he
doesn't mind who gets the credit." Ronald Reagan?

Michele Barbi

Ah ok. I personally never wait for autoupdate, I always download the installer, but of course that's a matter of personal use...

Do you still have our Dropbox ita folder? If so, I can share the installer for you if needed.

Oops... I meant to point out that I've been using the Desktop Skype version instead of the Store version for a few weeks now, because it seemed to get updates sooner. But it still does not show this update.

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 06:49:34PM +0100, Michele Barbi wrote:
Allright, thanks for telling me. I actually saw the update through ninite.com
and manually updated as always. Remember though that I use the one for Windows
desktop, not from Micorosft store.

"When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you."
--African Proverb

Michele Barbi

Allright, thanks for telling me. I actually saw the update through ninite.com and manually updated as always. Remember though that I use the one for Windows desktop, not from Micorosft store.

I have not seen an update to Skype 8.69 yet. I have seen a similar issue twice, both times when there was a call involved; so I think the issue I saw is not actually the same. I am still running Skype 8.68.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 01:18:46PM +0100, Michele Barbi wrote:
Hi guys, this is especially for Doug, but if someone else fixed it someway in
his/her pc, please let us know.

I figured out that Skype 8.69 has now been released, but after updating I
realized that there is once again the issue which Doug already fixed via
scripting, where I need to use windows+arrows after minimizing Skype and going
back in. I am afraid that Skype/Microsoft changed something in the code.

"Our chief want in life is somebody who will make us do what
we can. {Ralph Waldo Emerson}

Michele Barbi