Skype 8.12.0.14

Jerry Pryde

    Hi all.
One of my contacts just automatically updated to Skype 8.12.0.14.
I’m using Skype 7.40.0.151 on Windows 7.
Does anyone know if the scripts work with 8.12.0.14?
I assume if I turn of the update button in options, it should stop the update from coming.
Thanks.

Jerry.

inamuddin khan

Dear friend, I really don’t know a lot about windows 7 because I left it in 2015.

As far as Skype is concern, the matter of fact is that Microsoft wants you people to use new Skype for desktop which is Skype 8.13, but I’m very sorry to let you know that there is no JAWS script for that Skype and Doug Lee is not in mood to make it very soon.

I therefore would like to recommend you to use Skype classic which is Skype 7.40.0.151 because its script is available.

As far as new Skype for desktop is concern, It is quite usable without any kind of JAWS script.

But there is no Skype watch is available meaning that Skype will never let you know who came online or went offline!

As far as voice quality is concern, new Skype for desktop is remarkable!

Inamuddin.ronaque@...
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
www.facebook.com/inamuddin786
Follow me on my twitter ID:
www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1
Call me on my cell numbers:

One of my contacts just automatically updated to Skype 8.12.0.14.

I’m using Skype 7.40.0.151 on Windows 7.

Does anyone know if the scripts work with 8.12.0.14?

I assume if I turn of the update button in options, it should stop the update from coming.

Thanks.

Jerry.

Jerry Pryde

Thanks Billions.
I just turned off the automatic update in Options.
That should solve it until scripts are updated.

One of my contacts just automatically updated to Skype 8.12.0.14.

I’m using Skype 7.40.0.151 on Windows 7.

Does anyone know if the scripts work with 8.12.0.14?

I assume if I turn of the update button in options, it should stop the update from coming.

Thanks.

Jerry.

Marius Swart <nightowl69@...>

Hi Jerry and list.  If you are referring to the new Skype application specifically designed for Windows 10, then yes, indeed there are scripts available for it.  I have never tried them myself, but they have been available for some time now.  Doug has also provided an online help manual with shortcut keys and commands.

You can find the scripts here:

http://www.dlee.org/skype/uwp/

Hope this helps.

I just turned off the automatic update in Options.

That should solve it until scripts are updated.

One of my contacts just automatically updated to Skype 8.12.0.14.

I’m using Skype 7.40.0.151 on Windows 7.

Does anyone know if the scripts work with 8.12.0.14?

I assume if I turn of the update button in options, it should stop the update from coming.

Thanks.

Jerry.

Doug Lee

Just to clarify a bit: I have actually created scripts for Skype 8, but they are not sufficiently stable for release, and I don't have a lot of time now to work on them. Skype 8 is usable without scripts but requires much
tabbingggggg. I tend to use Ins+Z to turn off the virtual cursor most of the time when using Skype 8, so that arrows work in lists etc.