Topics

unwanted calls

Stephen Troy

hi guys

I have my skype settings set to receive calls from only those in my
contacts. however, I am regularly getting calls from people I've never
heard of and who are most certainly not in my contacts!! does anyone
know how I stop this happening?

i'm running the latest builds of skype, jaws 2020 and win10.

many thanks in advance for any assistance

regards

steve

Sarah k Alawami

Are you invisible? I think there used to be a setting to enable calls from other contacts only in this mode. If it is not invisuble, I forgot what it was.

On 28 Sep 2020, at 3:35, Stephen Troy wrote:

hi guys

I have my skype settings set to receive calls from only those in my
contacts. however, I am regularly getting calls from people I've never
heard of and who are most certainly not in my contacts!! does anyone
know how I stop this happening?

i'm running the latest builds of skype, jaws 2020 and win10.

many thanks in advance for any assistance

regards

steve

Mike Bernard

That would be do not disturb.

Do you like disco? Do you like to shake your groove with New Wave, 90s Hip hop, Or today’s slammin hits? If so, check out my show every Wednesday night from 7 to 10 pm Eastern on Sonic Radio:

www.sonicradio.rocks

Are you invisible? I think there used to be a setting to enable calls from other contacts only in this mode. If it is not invisuble, I forgot what it was.

On 28 Sep 2020, at 3:35, Stephen Troy wrote:

hi guys

I have my skype settings set to receive calls from only those in my
contacts. however, I am regularly getting calls from people I've never
heard of and who are most certainly not in my contacts!! does anyone
know how I stop this happening?

i'm running the latest builds of skype, jaws 2020 and win10.

many thanks in advance for any assistance

regards

steve

Sarah k Alawami

;I actually remember, the mode was called "skype me." If you are not in that mode I have no clue what's going on.

On 28 Sep 2020, at 14:20, Mike Bernard via groups.io wrote:

[...]

Michele Barbi

Guys I am afraid SkypeMe mode has been gone since a long time, I don't know for sure if they put it back but I don't think.

Stephen Troy

hi

thanks for the input guys. i'm amazed that Microsoft haven't found
away for users of one of their products to protect themselves from
unwanted calls from complete strangers.

I doubt zoom users have the same issue!!!

regards

steve

On 29/09/2020, Michele Barbi <barbi.michele@...> wrote:
Guys I am afraid SkypeMe mode has been gone since a long time, I don't
know for sure if they put it back but I don't think.

sand razor

Not sure if that's a problem on Zoom.
But, Zoom has been plagued with session highjackers. Boy has that been a nasty time of it for zoomers.
Not to mention losing streams in the middle of sessions and not being able to log in.
Smiles, all programs have their moments of problems.

KISS AN ANGEL GOOD MORNING!

thanks for the input guys. i'm amazed that Microsoft haven't found
away for users of one of their products to protect themselves from
unwanted calls from complete strangers.

I doubt zoom users have the same issue!!!

regards

steve

On 29/09/2020, Michele Barbi <barbi.michele@...> wrote:
Guys I am afraid SkypeMe mode has been gone since a long time, I don't
know for sure if they put it back but I don't think.

https://www.avg.com

Sarah k Alawami

Actually, you might be the only one having that issue, I don't have it because I have my thing set to contacts only. Again, if you are having the issue and no one else is, look at what the differences might be when troubleshooting.

On 29 Sep 2020, at 2:41, Stephen Troy wrote:

hi

thanks for the input guys. i'm amazed that Microsoft haven't found
away for users of one of their products to protect themselves from
unwanted calls from complete strangers.

I doubt zoom users have the same issue!!!

regards

steve

On 29/09/2020, Michele Barbi barbi.michele@... wrote:

Guys I am afraid SkypeMe mode has been gone since a long time, I don't
know for sure if they put it back but I don't think.

ken lawrence

Yeah it’s got to be settings somewhere.  The only issue I have like that is when I’m signed into the out of sight radio skype and that’s because we have a phone number connected to it for listener requests.  Sometimes telemarketer robocallers do call it or try to I have gotten em believe it or not during shows.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10