Skype under Windows xp, is it still possible?


Michele Barbi
 

I think Windows 7 support will end in 2020. Thanks to all of you anyway.
Bye!
Barbuz

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 31 ago 2017, alle ore 19:30, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> ha scritto:

Actually microsoft are ending support for windows 8 in 2 years so I'm not surprised 7 is not dead yet. That's  what I heard last year anyway. So I guess your friend cannot use skype unless he either upgrades his windows or upgrades the machine as that will come with windows 10 and it really rocks. I use it every day.

Take care all.
On Aug 31, 2017, at 9:57 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

I disagree. XP is dead theirfore should no longer be supported. I'm sure theirs an official document on XP support. WIN 7 won't die till 2021 if memory serves so you should be OK for a while unless MS decides to kill off Skype Classic.


On 8/31/2017 3:59 AM, João nuno antunes wrote:
as long windows 7 be suported by microsoft, skype for windows desctop
will be suported for windows xp.


Às 7:56 de 31-08-2017, Michele Barbi escreveu:
Hello guys, I am having an issue with a friend of mine who is still
using Windows xp nevertheless its support is officially down. On his
pc he used Skype ver. 7.28, but trying to call some users or join them
to conferences it says his version was out-of-date; the problem is we
did not manage to update it to the latest 7.40, even because although
I thought all was ok now the desktop icon gives an error message which
I personally don't remember.  Now, a doubt came to me where Windows xp
is no longer supported by Skype; did anyone read some official report
about it?
Bye!
Barbuz







Sarah k Alawami
 

Actually microsoft are ending support for windows 8 in 2 years so I'm not surprised 7 is not dead yet. That's  what I heard last year anyway. So I guess your friend cannot use skype unless he either upgrades his windows or upgrades the machine as that will come with windows 10 and it really rocks. I use it every day.

Take care all.

On Aug 31, 2017, at 9:57 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

I disagree. XP is dead theirfore should no longer be supported. I'm sure theirs an official document on XP support. WIN 7 won't die till 2021 if memory serves so you should be OK for a while unless MS decides to kill off Skype Classic.


On 8/31/2017 3:59 AM, João nuno antunes wrote:
as long windows 7 be suported by microsoft, skype for windows desctop
will be suported for windows xp.


Às 7:56 de 31-08-2017, Michele Barbi escreveu:
Hello guys, I am having an issue with a friend of mine who is still
using Windows xp nevertheless its support is officially down. On his
pc he used Skype ver. 7.28, but trying to call some users or join them
to conferences it says his version was out-of-date; the problem is we
did not manage to update it to the latest 7.40, even because although
I thought all was ok now the desktop icon gives an error message which
I personally don't remember.  Now, a doubt came to me where Windows xp
is no longer supported by Skype; did anyone read some official report
about it?
Bye!
Barbuz







Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>
 

I disagree. XP is dead theirfore should no longer be supported. I'm sure theirs an official document on XP support. WIN 7 won't die till 2021 if memory serves so you should be OK for a while unless MS decides to kill off Skype Classic.

On 8/31/2017 3:59 AM, João nuno antunes wrote:
as long windows 7 be suported by microsoft, skype for windows desctop
will be suported for windows xp.


Às 7:56 de 31-08-2017, Michele Barbi escreveu:
Hello guys, I am having an issue with a friend of mine who is still
using Windows xp nevertheless its support is officially down. On his
pc he used Skype ver. 7.28, but trying to call some users or join them
to conferences it says his version was out-of-date; the problem is we
did not manage to update it to the latest 7.40, even because although
I thought all was ok now the desktop icon gives an error message which
I personally don't remember.  Now, a doubt came to me where Windows xp
is no longer supported by Skype; did anyone read some official report
about it?
Bye!
Barbuz



Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>
 

Are we at 7.40 now? Jee I just installed 7.39 2 days ago.

On 8/31/2017 3:04 AM, Michele Barbi wrote:
I forgot to mention, I also tried to download Skype from its official website but with no luck.
Bye!
Barbuz


Michele Barbi
 

Ok thanks.

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 31 ago 2017, alle ore 09:59, João nuno antunes <superman1986@live.com.pt> ha scritto:

as long windows 7 be suported by microsoft, skype for windows desctop
will be suported for windows xp.


Às 7:56 de 31-08-2017, Michele Barbi escreveu:
Hello guys, I am having an issue with a friend of mine who is still
using Windows xp nevertheless its support is officially down. On his
pc he used Skype ver. 7.28, but trying to call some users or join them
to conferences it says his version was out-of-date; the problem is we
did not manage to update it to the latest 7.40, even because although
I thought all was ok now the desktop icon gives an error message which
I personally don't remember. Now, a doubt came to me where Windows xp
is no longer supported by Skype; did anyone read some official report
about it?
Bye!
Barbuz


--
João Nuno Antunes




João nuno antunes
 

as long windows 7 be suported by microsoft, skype for windows desctop
will be suported for windows xp.


Às 7:56 de 31-08-2017, Michele Barbi escreveu:

Hello guys, I am having an issue with a friend of mine who is still
using Windows xp nevertheless its support is officially down. On his
pc he used Skype ver. 7.28, but trying to call some users or join them
to conferences it says his version was out-of-date; the problem is we
did not manage to update it to the latest 7.40, even because although
I thought all was ok now the desktop icon gives an error message which
I personally don't remember.  Now, a doubt came to me where Windows xp
is no longer supported by Skype; did anyone read some official report
about it?
Bye!
Barbuz


--
João Nuno Antunes


Michele Barbi
 

I forgot to mention, I also tried to download Skype from its official website but with no luck.
Bye!
Barbuz


Michele Barbi
 

Hello guys, I am having an issue with a friend of mine who is still using Windows xp nevertheless its support is officially down. On his pc he used Skype ver. 7.28, but trying to call some users or join them to conferences it says his version was out-of-date; the problem is we did not manage to update it to the latest 7.40, even because although I thought all was ok now the desktop icon gives an error message which I personally don't remember.  Now, a doubt came to me where Windows xp is no longer supported by Skype; did anyone read some official report about it?
Bye!
Barbuz