Jaws scripts for skype

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Raymond Lombardi via Skypeenglish)...

My skype scripts for Jaws 16 are messing up again.
It?s saying these scripts do not support this version of skype and it has been working for three or five days or more wonderfully.

Can anybody assist me in fixing this?

My name is Raymond.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Michele Barbi via Skypeenglish)...

Man you're really unlugky!..
I though the problem was fixed after updating your JAWS, evidently the
point is very complicated.
The worst thing is that even Doug Lee told me off list that this issue
is apparently out of his control...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Doug Lee via Skypeenglish)...

I can't see which message you're answering, but if you mean the one
about JAWS saying it is not compatible, yes: I believe that one is a
Windows-level issue because it tends to happen when MSAA is not
working properly on the machine.

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you."
--African Proverb

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Raymond Lombardi via Skypeenglish)...

How do you go about repairing Microsoft a a?

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Robert Westfall via Skypeenglish)...

msAA = Micro Soft Active Accessibility

Behalf Of Raymond Lombardi via Skypeenglish
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:28 PM
To: screen readers' access to skype and its interface.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Raymond Lombardi via Skypeenglish)...

How do I make sure Microsoft active accessibility is installed?

Behalf Of Raymond Lombardi via Skypeenglish
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:28 PM
To: screen readers' access to skype and its interface.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Sarah k Alawami via Skypeenglish)...

It is I believe installed and enabled by default. You toggle MSAA on and off with a keystroke in your screen reading software.

Hope that somewhat helps

-----Original Message----- From: Robert Westfall via Skypeenglish
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2015 12:59 PM
To: 'screen readers' access to skype and its interface.'

Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:28 PM
To: screen readers' access to skype and its interface.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Doug Lee via Skypeenglish)...

If you toggle MSAA on and off in the screen reader, that just changes
whether the screen reader uses it, not whether Windows offers it. I
believe his problem is that Windows is not providing what it should.

Unfortunately I don't know how to solve that one.

Sent: Friday, July 17, 2015 12:59 PM
To: 'screen readers' access to skype and its interface.'

Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:28 PM
To: screen readers' access to skype and its interface.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit
of it. You have to catch up with it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Raymond Lombardi via Skypeenglish)...

I'm using Jaws 16.

Sent: Friday, July 17, 2015 12:59 PM
To: 'screen readers' access to skype and its interface.'

Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:28 PM
To: screen readers' access to skype and its interface.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Sarah k Alawami via Skypeenglish)...

Yeah maybe in this case something in MSAA is broken. I don't remember the original question now, I've forgotten it. Can the original poster remind us what it was again

On Jul 17, 2015, at 6:26 PM, Raymond Lombardi via Skypeenglish <skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com> wrote:

I'm using Jaws 16.

-----Original Message----- From: Doug Lee via Skypeenglish

Sent: Friday, July 17, 2015 12:59 PM
To: 'screen readers' access to skype and its interface.'

Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:28 PM
To: screen readers' access to skype and its interface.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Raymond Lombardi via Skypeenglish)...

The day before yesterday my Jaws scripts for skype said that the jaws
scripts don't support this version of skype, and it has worked before.
I've uninstalled it and reinstalled the scripts and they still don't work.

Sent: Friday, July 17, 2015 12:59 PM
To: 'screen readers' access to skype and its interface.'

Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:28 PM
To: screen readers' access to skype and its interface.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

to modify yoru subscription visit the list info link at the bottom of
this email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list
password each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

email, or click the link in the email you receive with your list password
each month.
thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Sarah k Alawami via Skypeenglish)...

Can you try and do a repair on jaws to see if that will work? back up your jfw settings and scripts just in case something brakes.

-----Original Message----- From: Sarah k Alawami via Skypeenglish

Sent: Friday, July 17, 2015 12:59 PM
To: 'screen readers' access to skype and its interface.'

Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:28 PM
To: screen readers' access to skype and its interface.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Raymond Lombardi via Skypeenglish)...

I already tried repairing Jaws once before, but I'll try it again.
When I did the repair the last time I told it to delete my settings.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Sarah k Alawami via Skypeenglish)...

You could do that I guess. in case a setting is cirrupted. At least keep a copy of yoru scripts if you so choose to do that.

then install the skype scripts from scratch

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.