Topics

update on strange happenings

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (steve troy via Skypeenglish)...

Hi all

I think this is one for doug.

Further to my message of earlier in the week regarding not being able to
read some message in the correct order and others not at all in the text
window. I think it has more or less righted itself but there are still two
contacts that it is happening with.

i've decided to turn date and time stamp on and check the dates of these
messages and they are both showing as some time in june 2015. Therefore,
jaws is obviously seeing them as the most recent message; even though they
were sent within the last week.

Presumably they will right themselves in a couple of months but, my question
is, is there anything i can do to speed up this process?

Thanks

Steve

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Doug Lee via Skypeenglish)...

I've always been under the impression that message timestamps don't
change once a message appears, which would mean those messages will
remain latest until another one arrives with a later stamp. When you
change your time zone, you change the stamps of messages that arrive
after you change it, but that's it.

I did ask Skype a long time ago to consider using UTC instead of local
time for internal storage of timestamps, but I don't remember the
outcome of that discussion. I do remember that a scenario exactly like
yours prompted me to say that to them though.

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"Innovation is hard to schedule." -- Dan Fylstra

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (steve troy via Skypeenglish)...

Hi doug

I never changed my time zone, just the date from January 2002 to today's
date.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"Innovation is hard to schedule." -- Dan Fylstra Thanks for posting to the
skype english list.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Doug Lee via Skypeenglish)...

Ah, I mentioned time zones because that's the common case and the one
that got me. Any change in your computer's concept of "current time"
will cause this oddity though.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"Our chief want in life is somebody who will make us do what
we can. {Ralph Waldo Emerson}

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (steve troy via Skypeenglish)...

Would deleting an individual's history alter this doug?

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"Our chief want in life is somebody who will make us do what we can. {Ralph
Waldo Emerson} Thanks for posting to the skype english list.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

skypeenglish at lists.tffppodcast.com (Doug Lee via Skypeenglish)...

Not sure, I tend not to delete chat histories. :) It would be
interesting to find out though. I guess if you delete the lines that
are erroneously appearing last, the problem will likely go away for
that window.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com
http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

en_support at skype.net

http://www.dlee.org/skype

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

mailto:skypeenglish-owner at list.tffppodcast.com

thanks and have a wonderful day.

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"It's not easy to be crafty and winsome at the same time, and few accomplish
it after the age of six." --John W. Gardner and Francesca Gardner Reese