Topics

Skype saying "file sent"

Sarah k Alawami

I can verify that. If I look in the accessibility messages that they have for mac os, it does say"file sent" and not "message sent" when it should.

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 6 Nov 2019, at 12:57, Andre Polykanine via Groups.Io wrote:

Hello Léonie,
I do have the same problem and reported it on Twitter to the official
Skype account. They said like "Go to Microsoft Disability Desk". I
haven't done it yet, but I don't think that will help somehow. this is
not a screen reader message, this comes straightly from Skype's UIA
(or ARIA if they use it in Electron).

--
With best regards from Ukraine,
Andre

Ever since the last update to Skype Jaws tells me something like "File
sent, message sent, file sent" whenever I send a message. The update to
8.54.0.85 hasn't helped.

Anyone else having the same problem?

I'm using Jaws latest, and the latest of Doug's scripts.
Léonie.
--
@LeonieWatson Carpe diem.

Andre Polykanine

[...]

Jerry Pryde

I've had this happening too.

But, it didn't affect functionality, so, forf me, it's no big deal.

On 2019-11-06 7:39 a.m., Léonie Watson wrote:
Thanks for confirming. I'll report it too in that case.

Léonie.

On 05/11/2019 16:46, Doug Lee wrote:
The "File sent" issue has been reported to Microsoft, by me and surely several others. It is a bug in Skype itself and occurs with or without scripts, and probably also in NVDA though I did not verify this. It will need to be
fixed by Microsoft. I do confirm, unfortunately, that Skype 8.54 does not fix it.

On Tue, Nov 05, 2019 at 07:31:18PM -0500, Lino Morales wrote:
Yeah I'm getting that same message as well. Its weird.

On 11/5/2019 7:30 PM, Léonie Watson wrote:
Ever since the last update to Skype Jaws tells me something like "File
sent, message sent, file sent" whenever I send a message. The update to
8.54.0.85 hasn't helped.

Anyone else having the same problem?

I'm using Jaws latest, and the latest of Doug's scripts.
Léonie.

Léonie Watson

[...]

Doug Lee

That makes sense; in split view, these announcements, even the right ones, are not likely to happen as Skype is currently written.

On Wed, Nov 06, 2019 at 09:00:11AM +0100, Michele Barbi wrote:
Guys, I sincerely did not notice this issue, maybe it's because I have
split view on?