Topics

SayWindowTitle not totally working, test required from English Skype users

Michele Barbi

Hello guys,

I read on the Skype electron scripts user's guide that JAWSKey+t should also report the currently active conversation if there is one, or home if not. This part is not working for me, it only reports me Skype and the number of unread conversations.

Since I am using Skype, JAWS and scripts into Italian, I'd like to know if this depend on localization or what else. So I invite people who use Skype in English to test this command and report here what they hear.

Stephen Troy

Hi barbuz

If I press jaws key plus t on the most recent active contact in my list, it reads there name and mood meesage if there is one.

However, what may be considered a glitch is this. If I open another chat in the list, and that person isn’t currently showing as active, jaws key plus t will read their name but the mood message of the most recent contact.

Regards

Steve

I read on the Skype electron scripts user's guide that JAWSKey+t should also report the currently active conversation if there is one, or home if not. This part is not working for me, it only reports me Skype and the number of unread conversations.

Since I am using Skype, JAWS and scripts into Italian, I'd like to know if this depend on localization or what else. So I invite people who use Skype in English to test this command and report here what they hear.

Thank you Steve, there must be a localization problem then.

Things work here exactly as you describe, including the mood text anomaly. I found that one a few weeks ago; and to my surprise, it's actually a Skype bug - which I reported via the Skype Feedback system. The wrong mood text
actually remains in MSAA and is just being announced as it is found.

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 09:07:24AM +0100, Stephen Troy wrote:
[...]

2. mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io?subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5Bskypeenglish%5D%20SayWindowTitle%20not%20totally%20working%2C%20test%20required%20from%20English%20Skype%20users
3. mailto:stephentroy1961@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20Re%3A%20%5Bskypeenglish%5D%20SayWindowTitle%20not%20totally%20working%2C%20test%20required%20from%20English%20Skype%20users

"You must let me try, for a true soldier does not admit defeat before
the battle."
--Helen Keller (in a letter to the president of Radcliffe College)

Sarah k Alawami

Would you be able to provide a feedback link so those of us who can can upboat said feedback?

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 18 Jun 2019, at 4:37, Doug Lee wrote:

[...]

Doug Lee

I just press Help and Feedback in the app, then Give Feedback in the buttons that come up from that.

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 09:10:34AM -0700, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Would you be able to provide a feedback link so those of us who can can
upboat said feedback?

Take care

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our [1]website.
This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and tutorials go [2]here.
and for hosting options go [3]here
to subscribe to the feed click [4]here

Our [5]telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in
regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go [6]here

[...]

1. [7]https://groups.io/g/skypeenglish/message/4035
2.
[8]mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io?subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5Bskypeengli
[9]mailto:stephentroy1961@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20Re%3A%2
4. [10]https://groups.io/mt/32104429/409874
5. [11]https://groups.io/g/skypeenglish/post
6. [12]http://www.dlee.org/skype/
7. [13]https://groups.io/g/skypeenglish/editsub/409874
8. [14]mailto:skypeenglish+owner@groups.io
9. [15]https://groups.io/g/skypeenglish/leave/defanged
--
Doug Lee dgl@... [16]http://www.dlee.org
Level Access doug.lee@... [17]http://www.LevelAccess.com
"You must let me try, for a true soldier does not admit defeat
before
the battle."
--Helen Keller (in a letter to the president of Radcliffe College)

References

1. http://www.tffppodcast.com/
2. http://www.tffppodcast.com/premium
3. http://www.tffppodcast.com/hosting
4. http://feeds.feedburner.com/tffp
5. https://t.me/tffppodcast
6. http://patreon.com/tffppodcast
8. mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io?subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5Bskypeenglish%5D%20SayWindowTitle%20not%20totally%20working%2C%20test%20required%20from%20English%20Skype%20users
9. mailto:stephentroy1961@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20Re%3A%20%5Bskypeenglish%5D%20SayWindowTitle%20not%20totally%20working%2C%20test%20required%20from%20English%20Skype%20users
16. http://www.dlee.org/
17. http://www.LevelAccess.com/
19. mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io?subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5Bskypeenglish%5D%20SayWindowTitle%20not%20totally%20working%2C%20test%20required%20from%20English%20Skype%20users
20. mailto:marrie12@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20Re%3A%20%5Bskypeenglish%5D%20SayWindowTitle%20not%20totally%20working%2C%20test%20required%20from%20English%20Skype%20users

"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done, it was
done." --Helen Keller

Sarah k Alawami

Oh, I thought you used the windows f key to access the feedback hub. If that is not the right key,I'm blanking, but that's normally ow i give feedback and view others as well.