Topics

To Doug, Skype UWP scripts won't install

Hamid

Hello List and Doug,

I tried to install the Skype UWP scripts  on my windows ten machine multiple times to no avail. the log file is pasted below.. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks Doug in  advance,

beginning of the log file:

Install into JAWS folders 2019.
Preparing for JAWS script compilation.
2019:
User folder: C:\Users\Hamid\AppData\Roaming\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2019\Settings\enu
Shared folder: C:\ProgramData\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2019\Settings\enu
Output folder: C:\Users\Hamid\AppData\Roaming\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2019\Settings\enu
Installing files.
JAWSUtil command: compile skypeuwp skypeuwp_jcpdict
Command returned 1.
Output:
SCompile exited with code -1

Compiling skypeuwp.jss

file skypeuwp.jss, line 171, column 44: Error: Unknown variable UIA_PositionInSetPropertyId

file skypeuwp.jss, line 171, column 94: Error: Unknown variable UIA_SizeOfSetPropertyId

file skypeuwp.jss, line 1135, column 42: Error: Unknown variable UIA_SizeOfSetPropertyId

Compiling skypeuwp_jcpdict.jss

End of output.
Restoring this JAWS folder to its original state.
JAWSInstallDirs is .
All installations failed!
Writing log file.

Michele Barbi

Hello Ahmid,

effectively I went to the Skype UWP scripts page and figured out that the latest update has been released in 2017, so chances are they're not compatible with JAWS 2019.

But, if you're using Skype 8 electron instead, use the scripts for said version which are more updated and work ok with JAWS 2019. Here it's the direct download link: http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/jfw_skypeelectron.exe

First, yes the scripts are old and no longer equipped to work with the current version of Skype UWP. I recently looked into updating them but determined that this would be a significant job, because the interface appears to
have been basically replaced since I scripted UWP.

That said though, your compile error is not caused by the scripts being old. I'm betting you have a file called uia.jsh in your JAWS user folder. Removing that file is likely to let you install the scripts, and is a good idea
anyway because that file, which is an outdated copy of a file that comes with JAWS, can cause compilation problems for other scripts as well.

[1]http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/jfw_skypeelectron.exe