Topics

2 quick 8.3 questions

Steve Gladstone

Hi y’all,

  1. Skype 7.4 had a sound that signaled the automatic bootup and shut down of Skype. Does 8.3 include such a sound prompt?
  2. Can someone please give me the step by steps of calling someone from my contact list using the latest Doug L scripts for Skype 8.3?

Thx

Steve

Sugar Lopez

Excellent questions steve!

I don’t know how to call anyone now and I still need the skrypts

Thanks sugar

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

-Sugar

  1. Skype 7.4 had a sound that signaled the automatic bootup and shut down of Skype. Does 8.3 include such a sound prompt?
  2. Can someone please give me the step by steps of calling someone from my contact list using the latest Doug L scripts for Skype 8.3?

Thx

Steve

Sarah k Alawami

  1. No sign in or out sound

  2. Simply hit I think it's control shift p once hitting enter on the name of the contact.

Take care

On 18 Feb 2019, at 14:15, Steve Gladstone wrote:

Hi y’all,

  1. Skype 7.4 had a sound that signaled the automatic bootup and shut down of Skype. Does 8.3 include such a sound prompt?
  2. Can someone please give me the step by steps of calling someone from my contact list using the latest Doug L scripts for Skype 8.3?

Thx

Steve

Mario

Sugar, this should get you on your way, you can also save a copy of the
scripts from this page.

Using the JAWS Scripts For Skype for Windows Desktop 8 (Electron)
http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/skypeelectron.htm

1. Skype 7.4 had a sound that signaled the automatic bootup and shut
down of Skype. Does 8.3 include such a sound prompt?
2. Can someone please give me the step by steps of calling someone from
my contact list using the latest Doug L scripts for Skype 8.3?

Thx

Steve

Sugar Lopez

Awesome
Thank you and I'm saving this copy
So so soooo appreciate that
sugar

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an
imperfect person perfectly."
-Sugar

1. Skype 7.4 had a sound that signaled the automatic bootup and shut
down of Skype. Does 8.3 include such a sound prompt?
2. Can someone please give me the step by steps of calling someone from
my contact list using the latest Doug L scripts for Skype 8.3?

Thx

Steve

Sugar Lopez

Mario
A question
Not sure if I am hearing jaws correctlyly
But do I have to uninstall jaws before I install the skrypts?
It's not givng me any choice but uninstall
Please clarify and sorry
sugar

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an
imperfect person perfectly."
-Sugar

1. Skype 7.4 had a sound that signaled the automatic bootup and shut
down of Skype. Does 8.3 include such a sound prompt?
2. Can someone please give me the step by steps of calling someone from
my contact list using the latest Doug L scripts for Skype 8.3?

Thx

Steve

Lino Morales

Sugar. You don’t need to uninstall JAWS at all. Now if you are running an older version of Doug’s scripts you do have to uninstall those old scripts not JAWS itself.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

  1. Skype 7.4 had a sound that signaled the automatic bootup and shut
     down of Skype. Does 8.3 include such a sound prompt?
  2. Can someone please give me the step by steps of calling someone from
     my contact list using the latest Doug L scripts for Skype 8.3?

Thx

Steve

Sugar Lopez

Oh ok, whoosh! I was getting nervous, smile

Thanks. I thought I did uninstall them though as it is not on my programs any more or any of the folders

But I’ll double check

So when it says uninstall while trying to install the new skrypts, I should just go ahead and do so?

sugar

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

-Sugar

Sugar. You don’t need to uninstall JAWS at all. Now if you are running an older version of Doug’s scripts you do have to uninstall those old scripts not JAWS itself.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

  1. Skype 7.4 had a sound that signaled the automatic bootup and shut
     down of Skype. Does 8.3 include such a sound prompt?
  2. Can someone please give me the step by steps of calling someone from
     my contact list using the latest Doug L scripts for Skype 8.3?

Thx

Steve

Michele Barbi

Sugar asked:
"So when it says uninstall while trying to install the new skrypts, I should just go ahead and do so?"
****************
Hello Sugar and list.
Yes, the installer is just detecting that a previous scripts release has been installed, so go ahead and uninstall the current revision. Once you do that, it should authomatically let you install the new scripts.

If you take the time to read the dialogue notice it does not say uninstall jaws, but uninstall the currently install set of scripts. I'm not chastising but I used to do the same thing and my computer teacher drilled it in my head over 9 months, actually over a week, to read the dialogues very carefully and assess what they actually say verses what you think they say.

On 19 Feb 2019, at 0:35, Michele Barbi wrote:

Sugar asked:
"So when it says uninstall while trying to install the new skrypts, I should just go ahead and do so?"
****************
Hello Sugar and list.
Yes, the installer is just detecting that a previous scripts release has been installed, so go ahead and uninstall the current revision. Once you do that, it should authomatically let you install the new scripts.

Sugar Lopez

Thank you Sara

I have installed them both; my Jaws was not reading it correctly so I did not catch everything it was saying, so I was paying attention but well screen readers…

Smile

I do thank you so much.

Greatful

[...]

Thank you so much for your gentle word of undersanding.

I appreciate that and thank you for not making me feel like a big dummy, smile