Doug Lee

Sometimes mine auto updates, sometimes not. I assume Microsoft rolls out updates gradually to avoid serious server hammering, and that mine would auto update if I wait long enough. Manually updating is the way to work around
this.

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 10:12:39AM -0800, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Mine just updates when I start the app. Yours does not?

Blessings and happy Sunday

On 16 Feb 2019, at 23:27, Owen Palamountain wrote:

Hi Doug,
How do you get the new Skype to update automaticley? As I have to go
Skype.com everytime to down load and update it.
Kind regards
Owen Palamountain
Email: owen72b@...
Phone: +64 4 569 1592
Mobile: +64 21 390 750
-----Original Message-----
From: skypeenglish@groups.io <skypeenglish@groups.io> On Behalf Of
Doug Lee
Sent: Sunday, 17 February 2019 8:44 AM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Keyboard support behaving strangely
My apologies for not getting to this timely myself; I was off on a
completely different project for most of yesterday.
My Skype 8.38 stopped letting me use Alt+V, Alt+T, etc., shortcuts
for
menus; but others seemed fine. I experienced a machine restart and a
Skype
update to 8.39, and all started working again. that's the closest I
can come
to a parallel experience. Glad your repairs worked for this.
On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 07:36:34PM +0000, L??onie Watson wrote:
Thanks. In my original email I explained that I had already
reinstalled the
scripts, then reinstalled Skype. Today I went through the same
steps,
culminating in reinstalling Jaws, which solved the problem.
I was asking the list if anyone else was experiencing the same
problem, so
as to rule out the possibility of a Skype update breaking things
again.
L??onie.
On 16/02/2019 18:38, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

You probably did not need to go through all of that. It's like me
chopping off your head when you have a headache. I would have
uninstalled and reinstalled skype first, then the scripts, then jaws
to see if anything changed. And do the steps one at a time.
Maybe something got corrupted but because you chopped off your head
figuratively we won't know how or what got corrupted in the end.
Glad all is fixed though.
On 16 Feb 2019, at 10:10, L??onie Watson wrote:
I've just completely uninstalled Skype including the scripts, plus
Jaws, and reinstalled the lot. This seems to have done the trick.
On 16/02/2019 17:59, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Is this with a bluetooth keyboard? The regular keyboard? What
version of windows 10 as they jut had updates recently. Are you
running 10 1809 or 10 1803? Also what have you done to try and
rectify the problem?
On 16 Feb 2019, at 3:43, L??onie Watson wrote:
I'm using Windows 10 Pro.
On 15/02/2019 18:25, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
What version of windows etc? I don't use the keyboard shortcuts,
so I will be of no help here.
Take care
On 15 Feb 2019, at 9:59, L??onie Watson wrote:
Has anyone else noticed problems with keyboard shortcuts in
Skype today?
I'm using Skype 8.3.90 with Jaws 2019 (January update). For no
apparent reason, many keyboard shortcuts have stopped working

today.

Alt 1 no longer takes me to the conversations list, without me

first

tabbing around to find the "Back" button for the currently open
chat.
I've reinstalled Skype and the scripts (latest version), and Skype
too. Nothing has helped.
L??onie.
-- @LeonieWatson Carpe diem
-- @LeonieWatson Carpe diem
-- @LeonieWatson Carpe diem

--
@LeonieWatson Carpe diem
--

References

1. http://www.dlee.org/
2. http://www.LevelAccess.com/
4. mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io?subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5Bskypeenglish%5D%20Keyboard%20support%20behaving%20strangely
5. mailto:marrie12@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20Re%3A%20%5Bskypeenglish%5D%20Keyboard%20support%20behaving%20strangely

"The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere."
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh {American Author}

Sarah k Alawami

Mine just updates when I start the app. Yours does not?

Blessings and happy Sunday

On 16 Feb 2019, at 23:27, Owen Palamountain wrote:

Hi Doug,

How do you get the new Skype to update automaticley? As I have to go to

Owen Palamountain <owen72b@...>

[...]

I know we did get an update yesterday, or maybe 2 days ago? But I don't remember braking anything. I don't use keyboard shortcuts but I'm sure I hopefully would have heard somethingn on my twitter.

Take care

On 16 Feb 2019, at 11:36, Léonie Watson wrote:

Thanks. In my original email I explained that I had already reinstalled the scripts, then reinstalled Skype. Today I went through the same steps, culminating in reinstalling Jaws, which solved the problem.

I was asking the list if anyone else was experiencing the same problem, so as to rule out the possibility of a Skype update breaking things again.

Léonie.

On 15 Feb 2019, at 9:59, Léonie Watson wrote:

[...]

Léonie Watson