Topics

Skype 8 question

Hi all!

Which version number of skype 8 is the latest? I have skype8.0.34, but
i don't find any updates. Thank you very much for help!
With Best Regards,
Tibor

Josephine Hirsch

I tried the Skype Electron, and I can't make an voice phone call because there is no sound whenever I tried to call my cell.

On 1/8/2019 2:13 AM, Tibor Hermann wrote:
Hi all!

Which version number of skype 8 is the latest? I have skype8.0.34, but
i don't find any updates. Thank you very much for help!
With Best Regards,
Tibor

Josephine Hirsch

And no one can hear me wheneverI call them on Skype directly to theri cell phones

On 1/8/2019 2:13 AM, Tibor Hermann wrote:
Hi all!

Which version number of skype 8 is the latest? I have skype8.0.34, but
i don't find any updates. Thank you very much for help!
With Best Regards,
Tibor

Michele Barbi

Hello guys,
Tibor, I though latest was Skype 8.36, but not sure why I find 8.34 by trying to download it from Skype website.
Josephine, check out Skype audio settings, and also make sure if the rest of your audio device is working fine.

Josephine Hirsch

What do you mean by Skype audio settings? Do you have to get headphones with a mike on it or not?

On 1/8/2019 1:38 PM, Michele Barbi wrote:
Hello guys,
Tibor, I though latest was Skype 8.36, but not sure why I find 8.34 by trying to download it from Skype website.
Josephine, check out Skype audio settings, and also make sure if the rest of your audio device is working fine.

Well Josephine, I think using an external mic is necessary if you have a desktop machine, if you have a laptop it should have a built-in microphone. Anyway I meant to press ctrl+comma from within Skype and go to audio/video button, and check out if some configuration is wrong there.

Josephine Hirsch

I tried all of the settings, and nothing worked

On 1/8/2019 2:02 PM, Michele Barbi wrote:
Well Josephine, I think using an external mic is necessary if you have a desktop machine, if you have a laptop it should have a built-in microphone. Anyway I meant to press ctrl+comma from within Skype and go to audio/video button, and check out if some configuration is wrong there.

Desert Moon

Hello Josephine,

It is not free to call a cell phone from Skype. You need to first deposit money in your Skype account:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10613/how-do-i-make-a-call-in-skype

--
Desert

Mike DeZinno

Hello, Regarding making Skype calls to phones:

The plan I have used now for 3 years which I found to be most affordable is the $3.50 USD per month with which I can call any phone in North America  and talk as long as I want to.

I've seen where they have pre paid programs to call other countries but for those people out side of North America I just use the free Skype user to Skype user regular service.

Many of these prepaid international Internet calling plans look cheap at 2 or 3 cents per minute that they deduct from your prepaid balance, but the minutes do add up quickly.
5 minutes of phone calls per day can cost more than the $3.50 I now pay each month.

You also need to watch out for a method of charging for the calls call "MTS".
this means that they deduct charges in whole minutes only so a call lasting 1 minute and 1 second will charge you for 2 minutes.

Of course calls today are still far cheaper than they were 35 years ago before deregulation.
Long distant calls back then cost $1. per minute in the USA and international calls were  between $4. to $13. per minute when calling other countries!

No matter which Skype plan you eventually decide upon that will meet your needs you are still most likely going to do ok compared to using a regular phone company.

Happy Calling;
Mike in SC

At 12:12 AM 1/10/2019, you wrote:
Hello Josephine,

It is not free to call a cell phone from Skype. You need to first deposit money in your Skype account:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10613/how-do-i-make-a-call-in-skype

--
Desert

inamuddin khan

The latest version of Skype is Skype 8.40.0.70

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Which version number of skype 8 is the latest? I have skype8.0.34, but

i don't find any updates. Thank you very much for help!

With Best Regards,

Tibor

Sarah k Alawami

Yep, mine updated on the windows side of things, I think on the mac side about 2 days ago. So far so good over here.