Topics

Scripts for skype 7.0.4.0.151

Jerry Pryde

Something interesting just happened today.

Some sent a chat message via Skype, and the scripts are working now.  That's all it took.

Strange, but true.

On 17/11/2018 12:29 p.m., Doug Lee wrote:
Aha! This I can work with - it means the mrw script is compiled with a JAWS version that produced a jsb that you can't use. That probably means that the mrw scripts don't work below JAWS 16 after all, but I didn't know it
because I can't run JAWS 15 here anymore.

I have uploaded an update. Please download and try again from http://www.dlee.org/mrw/

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 01:42:17PM -0500, Jerry Pryde wrote:
Script load error.

The mrw/freedom scientific jsb is not the proper version; something like that.

I couldn't copy and paste it.

On 16/11/2018 1:34 p.m., Doug Lee wrote:
Can you let us know the actual message you get from mrw on your system?

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 01:21:18PM -0500, Jerry Pryde wrote:
The MRW scripts don't work here with jaws 15 and windows 7.

It seems there's something not quite right with JAWS.

It says something to that effect on installation.

On 15/11/2018 11:22 a.m., Doug Lee wrote:
15.0 is the minimum version of JAWS that should be supported; so yes, they should work there. I probably never tested the mrw scripts under JAWS 15 though.

Just as a gentle alert: I can no longer practically test scripts on my own machine against JAWS versions older than 18. Some of my projects are moving to cut off at JAWS 14 currently. The next cutoff line may be JAWS 15 but may
be a later version. I have not determined yet either when the next cutoff will occur or at which JAWS verssion. I do avoid cutting off old JAWS versions until I have a reason to do it, but then I tend to cut at a transitional
version for scripting features that I can use to improve efficiency, support newer application types, etc.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 11:09:05AM -0500, Jerry Pryde wrote:
PS:

I tried to install from that link, but it seems to indicate that this version
of JAWS isn't compatible.

On 15/11/2018 10:58 a.m., Doug Lee wrote:
I thought of suggesting that, and it will be useful to see if installing those and activating the workaround will help; but I don't yet know how likely that is to succeed. I'm working on professional projects at the moment
though, so I won't be able to do anything significant with this for a while. The mrw idea might be good to try in the mean time.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 04:53:47PM +0100, Michele Barbi wrote:
Now that it comes to my mind, you could try installing the MRW scripts, which
stands for MSAA Registration Workaround. Here are more infos on these scripts
usage and how to install those: http://www.dlee.org/mrw/

[...]

No one alive is beyond hope; every second of life is a chance.
(08/29/02)

Jerry Pryde

[...]

"Innovation is hard to schedule." -- Dan Fylstra

Jerry Pryde

That's possible.

The odd thing is, the scripts for Skype worked perfectly all day Wednesday.

Only yesterday, they stopped.

On 16/11/2018 1:30 p.m., John Holcomb II wrote:
Maybe you need to do a reinstall of jaws.

[...]

http://www.dlee.org/mrw/ Bye!
Barbuz

John Holcomb II

[...]

Yes.

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 08:56:30AM -0500, Jerry Pryde wrote:
Doug:

The MRW scripts:

Do they work with windows 7?

[...]

"The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit
of it. You have to catch up with it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin

Jerry Pryde

Doug:

The MRW scripts:

Do they work with windows 7?

[...]

Never mind the favorites problem.

It's solved.

On 15/11/2018 12:45 p.m., Michele Barbi wrote:
Chris wrote:

"Skype seems to be updating itself now without any interaction from the user

I would double check which version you are running now"

************
Ok Chris, thanks for letting us know.
Jerry, if this is the case and you've been autoupdated to Skype 8, watch out because the scripts for Skype electron require at least JAWS 17 as clearly explained on the system requirements section, because Skype 8 configures itself as a Google Chrome window.

Jerry Pryde

I tried to download the mrw scripts, and it seems to say it's not compatible with JAWS 15.

So, I uninstalled it.

Now, I can't get to my favorites on internet explorer.

It seems to have happened just after uninstalling the scripts.

Off topic, yes.

But, I can't seem to solve it.

Chris wrote:

"Skype seems to be updating itself now without any interaction from the user

I would double check which version you are running now"

Ok Chris, thanks for letting us know.
Jerry, if this is the case and you've been autoupdated to Skype 8, watch out because the scripts for Skype electron require at least JAWS 17 as clearly explained on the system requirements section, because Skype 8 configures itself as a Google Chrome window.

Jerry Pryde

I'm using Skype 7.40.0.151.

Chris <chrismedley@...>

Skype seems to be updating itself now without any interaction from the user

I would double check which version you are running now

Otherwise we are wasting our time here trying to figure it out without the proper information