Topics

Having Trouble Reading Script Help Document

Steve Matzura

Every time I press F1 twice quickly while running Skype 8 Electron, definitely not the UWP, or when I launch %AppData%\Roaming\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2018\Settings\Enu\Skype Electron.htm, Firefox acts very odd, and when I press JAWS Key plus Q, I am told I'm running Skype scripts version 45, which clearly I am not because I'm supposed to be in a Web browser. This makes reading and browsing the document quite difficult--impossible really. Any reason why this happens, and a way to circumvent that behavior?

Michele Barbi

Hello Steve,
first of all, you probably have an old revision of Skype electron scripts since latest is rev. 60. Secondly, I don't know why this html document still recognizes Skype electron scripts though it opens default browser, Firefox in my case; however, try pressing insert+z in order to activate the virtual cursor, this should let you read the document.
Last but not least, a little correction: command for opening the document from within Skype with the scripts installed is insert+f1 in quick succession.

Correcting once again, insert+f1 twice in quick succession.

Steve Matzura

Oops,forgotĀ  those three little words--JAWS Key plus.

And yes, I remember JAWS Key plus Z after I wrote that message. It's amazing how when one writes about something that doesn't work, the memory of how to make it work is somehow revitalized, reenergized, reconstituted, etc. It's just another sign of gettin' old. LOL.

I have the new scripts now. Why did I think they auto-updated?

On 9/25/2018 5:02 PM, Michele Barbi wrote:
Hello Steve,
first of all, you probably have an old revision of Skype electron scripts since latest is rev. 60. Secondly, I don't know why this html document still recognizes Skype electron scripts though it opens default browser, Firefox in my case; however, try pressing insert+z in order to activate the virtual cursor, this should let you read the document.
Last but not least, a little correction: command for opening the document from within Skype with the scripts installed is insert+f1 in quick succession.

-=-=