Topics

are there scripts for the latest skype eight....and jaws2019?

Randy Tijerina

hi friends...I am seriously thinking of returning to skype 7.
this eight looks clunky!.
However, I'm willing to give it one more shot.
Are there scripts?

i got skype 8..0.35...or something.

Sarah k Alawami

I think ther was another update as of a few days ago. I would stick with skype 8 with and or with out scripts as it really is not clunky if you use your web keys in your screen reader (read its manual for more info) but I love it and have ben sing skype 8.

Hope you find the scripts.

On 24 Sep 2018, at 17:47, Randy Tijerina wrote:

hi friends...I am seriously thinking of returning to skype 7. this eight looks clunky!. However, I'm willing to give it one more shot. Are there scripts?

i got skype 8..0.35...or something.

Doug Lee

The scripts for Skype 8, which I'm using in JAWS 2019 beta right now, remain at http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 07:47:27PM -0500, Randy Tijerina wrote:
hi friends...I am seriously thinking of returning to skype 7.
this eight looks clunky!.
However, I'm willing to give it one more shot.
Are there scripts?

i got skype 8..0.35...or something.

"All these years, the people said, 'He's acting like a kid.'
He did not know he could not fly, so he did."
--Guy Clark, "The Cape" (Dublin Blues)

inam din

Dear friend, the latest version of Skype is Skype 8.30.0.50

And the script for that is also available.

http://dlee.org/skype/electron/

The question is that Sairah is saying that there was an update.

Since two weeks or so there was no any kind of Skype update.

Yesterday they have updated to Skype 31.76.88 which is preview not stable!

Please guide us in this ariea!

It is nice to be important but it is more important to be nice!

You can contact me via gmail:

Inamuddin09@...

Outlook:

Inam092@...

Yahoo:

Inamuddin2010@...

AOL:

Charlsdarwin1969@...

Talk with me on Skype:

Charlsdarwin1

Follow me on my twitter ID:

www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1

Call me on my cell no.:

+92-334-3348409

contact skype support, visit their forums at skypeenglish.com

If you are a jaws for windows user (here to fore known afterwords as jfw)
you can find the latest scripts at
http://www.dlee.org/skype/

If you would like to leave said list those instructions can be found at the
bottom of this and every subsequent message hereafter.

Thanks.
-=-=-
Group Owner: skypeenglish+owner@groups.io
[randytijerina731@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

James Malone

I think this for those using the beta Jaws 2019.

I think ther was another update as of a few days ago. I would stick
with skype 8 with and or with out scripts as it really is not clunky
if you use your web keys in your screen reader (read its manual for
more info) but I love it and have ben sing skype 8.

Hope you find the scripts.

On 24 Sep 2018, at 17:47, Randy Tijerina wrote:

hi friends...I am seriously thinking of returning to skype 7.
this eight looks clunky!.
However, I'm willing to give it one more shot.
Are there scripts?

i got skype 8..0.35...or something.

Doug Lee

Michele already pointed out the Insert+F1 keystroke rather than just F1. Insert+W is not specially scripted in my scripts, though it may be in the JAWS 2018 and/or 2019 beta scripts that come with JAWS.

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 02:50:44PM -0500, Randy Tijerina wrote:
[...]

"The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do
what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with
them while they do it."--Theodore Roosevelt

Nicki keck <jesusgirl71@...>

Are you pressing that keystroke when you are focused in the skype window?

I think ther was another update as of a few days ago. I would stick
with skype 8 with and or with out scripts as it really is not clunky
if you use your web keys in your screen reader (read its manual for
more info) but I love it and have ben sing skype 8.

Hope you find the scripts.

On 24 Sep 2018, at 17:47, Randy Tijerina wrote:

hi friends...I am seriously thinking of returning to skype 7.
this eight looks clunky!.
However, I'm willing to give it one more shot.
Are there scripts?

i got skype 8..0.35...or something.

James Malone

Hey Mickey, I don’t think he’s using jaws 19 Baylor. I think he’s using jaws 18 or 2018.

On Sep 25, 2018, at 5:14 PM, Nicki keck <jesusgirl71@...> wrote:

Are you pressing that keystroke when you are focused in the skype window?

I think ther was another update as of a few days ago. I would stick
with skype 8 with and or with out scripts as it really is not clunky
if you use your web keys in your screen reader (read its manual for
more info) but I love it and have ben sing skype 8.

Hope you find the scripts.

On 24 Sep 2018, at 17:47, Randy Tijerina wrote:

hi friends...I am seriously thinking of returning to skype 7.
this eight looks clunky!.
However, I'm willing to give it one more shot.
Are there scripts?

i got skype 8..0.35...or something.

Nicki keck <jesusgirl71@...>

Well I did ask in the original message if it was 2019, because the subject definitely says 2019.

Hey Mickey, I don’t think he’s using jaws 19 Baylor. I think he’s using jaws 18 or 2018.
On Sep 25, 2018, at 5:14 PM, Nicki keck <jesusgirl71@...> wrote:

Are you pressing that keystroke when you are focused in the skype window?

I think ther was another update as of a few days ago. I would stick
with skype 8 with and or with out scripts as it really is not clunky
if you use your web keys in your screen reader (read its manual for
more info) but I love it and have ben sing skype 8.

Hope you find the scripts.

On 24 Sep 2018, at 17:47, Randy Tijerina wrote:

hi friends...I am seriously thinking of returning to skype 7.
this eight looks clunky!.
However, I'm willing to give it one more shot.
Are there scripts?

i got skype 8..0.35...or something.

John Gassman

I'm not sure if all the skype help files have been updated for 2019 JAWS public beta #1yet.
But what is now in 2019 is also in 2018 as far as skype is concerned.
John
At 05:38 PM 9/25/2018, you wrote:
[...]

JAWS Certified, 2014.

inam din

Yes you are right nothing is new regarding Skype in JAWS 2019!