Topics

Doug's NVDA addon for Skype 8

ann

HI folks,

Can someone please tell me exactly what the NVDA addon for Skype 8 is supposed to do? It is supposed to add some extra functionality? I have it downloaded and installed with the latest version of NVDA, but can't tell if it's working or doing anything or not.

Thanks,

~Ann

Michele Barbi

Hello Ann,
not so much really as far as I can see in the description, it just avoids some extra double-speaking and some extra information but not a huge ammount of things imo.
Anyway, in order to figure out if it's on, you can press insert+n with NVDA running, then go to tools submenu, and choose Manage add-ons. In the add-ons list, you'll see Skype; make sure it's on, not off.
[Note that since I am using NVDA in italian, translation might not be correct.]

ken lawrence

Hi I just went to the add ons manager and didn’t see skype there at all I did have the skype seven one and probably still have it. Is it not there yet for skype 8?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

not so much really as far as I can see in the description, it just

avoids some extra double-speaking and some extra information but not a

huge ammount of things imo.

Anyway, in order to figure out if it's on, you can press insert+n with

NVDA running, then go to tools submenu, and choose Manage add-ons. In

the add-ons list, you'll see Skype; make sure it's on, not off.

[Note that since I am using NVDA in italian, translation might not be

correct.]

inam din

Skype addon is for Skype 8 not for Skype 7.

As far as I read it, you are saying that you have Skype 7 which is Skype classic and that addon is not for you it is for Skype 8!

HTH

It is nice to be important but it is more important to be nice!

You can contact me via gmail:

Inamuddin09@...

Outlook:

Inam092@...

Yahoo:

Inamuddin2010@...

AOL:

Charlsdarwin1969@...

Talk with me on Skype:

Charlsdarwin1

Follow me on my twitter ID:

www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1

Call me on my cell no.:

+92-334-3348409

Hi I just went to the add ons manager and didn’t see skype there at all I did have the skype seven one and probably still have it. Is it not there yet for skype 8?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

not so much really as far as I can see in the description, it just

avoids some extra double-speaking and some extra information but not a

huge ammount of things imo.

Anyway, in order to figure out if it's on, you can press insert+n with

NVDA running, then go to tools submenu, and choose Manage add-ons. In

the add-ons list, you'll see Skype; make sure it's on, not off.

[Note that since I am using NVDA in italian, translation might not be

correct.]

My add-on is for Skype 8 and is at http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/skype.nvda-addon and not on the page where the NVDA Add-on Manager looks for add-ons. Skype 8 is an Electron app.

My add-on, as someone pointed out earlier in this thread, just cleans up some speech output but does not include a lot of features.

Skype 7, also called Classic, is supported in NVDA by an app module that is distributed as part of NVDA itself.

I hope that clears up any remaining confusion.

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 01:55:34PM -0400, ken lawrence via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi I just went to the add ons manager and didn't see skype there at all
I did have the skype seven one and probably still have it. Is it not
there yet for skype 8?

Sent from [1]Mail for Windows 10