Topics

Answering calls- 7 vs 8 vs WUP

Don & Cher

I am still using 7 because I’m concerned about the changes in the new versions. I love the way calls come in with 7 because I don’t have to fumble around to find the answer command in a panic. Do 8 and WUP still have this ability? I use the program only about once every month or so- so enjoy not having to remember new commands. Thanks.

Cher

Sarah k Alawami

Yes. Although I can't remember how to set up the key strkes. I can answer calls fast in the nes wkype 8 for windows on a good day or if I'm paying attention. Note the hot keys are no longer global but it still works and works very very well.

On 15 Sep 2018, at 10:48, Don & Cher wrote:

I am still using 7 because I’m concerned about the changes in the new versions. I love the way calls come in with 7 because I don’t have to fumble around to find the answer command in a panic. Do 8 and WUP still have this ability? I use the program only about once every month or so- so enjoy not having to remember new commands. Thanks.

Cher

Don & Cher

I think I was not very clear. What I mean is that in my Skype 7, calls are answered without any keystroke at all and we just start hearing each other talking.

Cher

Yes. Although I can't remember how to set up the key strkes. I can answer calls fast in the nes wkype 8 for windows on a good day or if I'm paying attention. Note the hot keys are no longer global but it still works and works very very well.

On 15 Sep 2018, at 10:48, Don & Cher wrote:

I am still using 7 because I’m concerned about the changes in the new versions. I love the way calls come in with 7 because I don’t have to fumble around to find the answer command in a panic. Do 8 and WUP still have this ability? I use the program only about once every month or so- so enjoy not having to remember new commands. Thanks.

Cher

David Moore

Hi Cher!

In Skype 8.25, you can have calls answered automatically as well.

You can go to the settings and have Skype 8.25 do that for you. The latest update is now:

8.30!

Skype 8 can also record calls now!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I think I was not very clear. What I mean is that in my Skype 7, calls are answered without any keystroke at all and we just start hearing each other talking.

Cher

Yes. Although I can't remember how to set up the key strkes. I can answer calls fast in the nes wkype 8 for windows on a good day or if I'm paying attention. Note the hot keys are no longer global but it still works and works very very well.

On 15 Sep 2018, at 10:48, Don & Cher wrote:

I am still using 7 because I’m concerned about the changes in the new versions. I love the way calls come in with 7 because I don’t have to fumble around to find the answer command in a panic. Do 8 and WUP still have this ability? I use the program only about once every month or so- so enjoy not having to remember new commands. Thanks.

Cher

inam din

Dear friends, this recording option is very dangerous because as soon as someone starts recording the call,

our screen readers do not notify us!

When you go to top of the page it will tell that the person’s name who is recording the call tested it with JAWS 2018 latest version!

[...]

Stephen Troy

hi

it is not possible in Skype 7 to answer a call without using some form
of keystroke.

if someone calls me my computer doesn't automatically pick up the
call and we start chatting.

I believe in Skype 8 control q answers and starts a call.

On 17/09/2018, inam din <inam092@...> wrote:
Dear friends, this recording option is very dangerous because as soon as
someone starts recording the call,
our screen readers do not notify us!
When you go to top of the page it will tell that the person’s name who is
recording the call tested it with JAWS 2018 latest version!

10

________________________________

Yes. Although I can't remember how to set up the key strkes. I can answer
calls fast in the nes wkype 8 for windows on a good day or if I'm paying
attention. Note the hot keys are no longer global but it still works and
works very very well.

On 15 Sep 2018, at 10:48, Don & Cher wrote:

I am still using 7 because I’m concerned about the changes in the new
versions. I love the way calls come in with 7 because I don’t have to fumble
around to find the answer command in a panic. Do 8 and WUP still have this
ability? I use the program only about once every month or so- so enjoy not
having to remember new commands. Thanks.

Cher

inam din

Dear friend, you believe wrong.

ctrl+q will quit Skype 8 not start or answer the call!

Ctrl+shift+k and ctrl+shift+p will start and answer the video and audio calls respectively!

As far as automatic call answering is concern,

In both Skype classic and in Skype Electron it is possible!

HTH

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

it is not possible in Skype 7 to answer a call without using some form
of keystroke.

if someone calls me my  computer doesn't automatically pick up the
call and we start chatting.

I believe in Skype 8 control q answers and starts a call.

On 17/09/2018, inam din <inam092@...> wrote:
> Dear friends, this recording option is very dangerous because as soon as
> someone starts recording the call,
> our screen readers do not notify us!
> When you go to top of the page it will tell that the person’s name who is
> recording the call tested it with JAWS 2018 latest version!
> With regards from Inamuddin with the Skype ID:
> Charlsdarwin1

> 10
>
> ________________________________

Stephen Troy

how do you simply sit there and have your computer answer a call?

[...]

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for
Windows
10

________________________________

Yes. Although I can't remember how to set up the key strkes. I can answer
calls fast in the nes wkype 8 for windows on a good day or if I'm paying
attention. Note the hot keys are no longer global but it still works and
works very very well.

On 15 Sep 2018, at 10:48, Don & Cher wrote:

I am still using 7 because I’m concerned about the changes in the new
versions. I love the way calls come in with 7 because I don’t have to
fumble
around to find the answer command in a panic. Do 8 and WUP still have
this
ability? I use the program only about once every month or so- so enjoy
not
having to remember new commands. Thanks.

Cher

Gary Jackson

If I'm not wrong about this in skype classic:
1. go to tools, then options.
2. go to call options. open the advanced options, tab around and you'll find a check box to automatically answer incoming calls.

Gary

how do you simply sit there and have your computer answer a call?

On 17/09/2018, inam din <inam092@...> wrote:
> Dear friend, you believe wrong.
>
> ctrl+q will quit Skype 8 not start or answer the call!
>
> Ctrl+shift+k and ctrl+shift+p will start and answer the video and audio
> calls respectively!
>
> As far as automatic call answering is concern,
>
> In both Skype classic and in Skype Electron it is possible!
>
> HTH
>
> With regards from Inamuddin with the Skype ID:
>
> Charlsdarwin1

> 10

Don & Cher

Thanks- that sounds good. I may have to take the plunge and install it ;)

[...]

I've been having that happen here for some time. I don't recall modifying anything in settings or menus, but it's been a good while now, so perhaps I did.

Cher