Topics

Proposal a translation of scripts for Skype Electron

Alkor

Hello Doug Lee!
I’ve made translation of your scripts for Skype Electron
into Russian language. Could it be added into installer to make it
multilingual? Or maybe you can create a separate installer just for Russian version?
I know that these scripts could be installed by simple coping, but it’s
might not be comfortable for everyone. If it’s of
your interest, I can transfer archive file into some sort of cloud, for
instance Dropbox or Google Drive. Many thanks for this job.
Kind regards, Alkor.

Doug Lee

So far I've let translators manage their own distribution of scripts. I know this is not the way NVDA add-ons and official Freedom Scientific scripts work. Years ago I tried to host translated versions, but I got some script
translations that I found out were, shall we say, far less than precise; meaning, the translated versions said things I would not have wanted to say myself. :-) So I never made the effort to streamline the management of
translations. My scripts for Skype Classic, for example, are English on my site; and translators distribute their translations themselves. I don't actually know where the translated versions are for those, but I know they are
maintained because sometimes I get questions from translators.

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 08:02:21AM +0700, ???????? ???????????????????????? wrote:
Hello Doug Lee!
I???ve made translation of your scripts for Skype Electron
into Russian language. Could it be added into installer to make it
multilingual? Or maybe you can create a separate installer just for Russian
version?
I know that these scripts could be installed by simple coping, but it???s
might not be comfortable for everyone. If it???s of
your interest, I can transfer archive file into some sort of cloud, for
instance Dropbox or Google Drive. Many thanks for this job.
Kind regards, Alkor.

"It's not easy to be crafty and winsome at the same time, and few accomplish
it after the age of six." --John W. Gardner and Francesca Gardner Reese