Topics

Skype Classic scripts moved

Doug Lee

I do not have https set up; only http.

On Sat, Oct 06, 2018 at 04:54:08AM -0400, Brian K. Lingard wrote:
Dear Doug && List:

Just tried browsing all three of the web sites you listed:
https://dlee.org/skyope
https://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/
and httops://www.dlee.org/skype/classic/

All resulting in errors from Dream Host that these Pages DO NOT EXIST.

Did I encounter a maintenance window where their site is down?

Brian

From: Doug Lee
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 1:58 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: [skypeenglish] Skype Classic scripts moved

My main Skype script page, http://www.dlee.org/skype/, is now a
jump-off point for all of my Skype-related projects (scripts and NVDA
add-on for Skype 8, scripts for Skype UWP, scripts for Skype 7, and
Clisk).

The new home for Skype 7 (Classic) scripts is
http://www.dlee.org/skype/classic/

You can of course still reach the Classic scripts from the main page.

Other related script sets remain where they have always been:
Skype 8 scripts and NVDA add-on at http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/
Skype UWP scripts at http://www.dlee.org/skype/uwp/

Level Access doug.lee@...
http://www.LevelAccess.com
"Is your cucumber bitter? Throw it away. Are there briars in your path? Turn
aside. That is enough. Do not go on to say, `Why were things of this sort
ever brought into the world?'"
--Marcus Aurelius

"The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere."
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh {American Author}

Michele Barbi

Hello guys, I tested it myself and I think I found out what's the problem. Basically, if using https protocol my Firefox gives me a configuration error. Try to only type www.dlee.org/skype/classic for Skype 7 scripts, and www.dlee.org/skype/electron for Skype 8 stuff. Latest link includes eighter JAWS scripts, or NVDA add-on.

Stephen Troy

dlee.org/skype/electron

On 6 Oct 2018, at 09:54, Brian K. Lingard <bkl@...> wrote:

[...]

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#3042): https://groups.io/g/skypeenglish/message/3042
-=-=-
Thanks for subscribing to the skype English list. If you would like to
contact skype support, visit their forums at skypeenglish.com

If you are a jaws for windows user (here to fore known afterword's as jfw)
you can find the latest scripts at http://www.dlee.org/skype/

Doug Lee

In a company the size of Microsoft, I'm not surprised to hear a few people missed something that the company as a whole did not. I say the company as a whole did not miss the commotion because the company as a whole delayed the
demise of Skype 7. :-)

I also invite people to give feedback to Microsoft. I have done so repeatedly, though not through Be My Eyes as I have never used that app.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 02:30:48PM -0400, Jerry Pryde wrote:
Exactly.
I've had sighted people almost curse the new Skype version.

-----Original Message----- From: Steve Matzura
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 2:27 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Skype Classic scripts moved

Unaware? DO they not follow Twitter? Or read their own emails? Good
grief! Not aware! Do they even know that the new Skype has earned itself
some of the worst comments and lowest reviews by users in years? And not
just blind ones either! Sometimes, ya gotta wonder ...

On 8/16/2018 1:46 PM, Steve Gladstone wrote:
For what it's worth, I was speaking to Microsoft Accessibility thru the
specialized help app of "Be My Eyes" and they were unaware of all the
drama
with Skype 8 and JAWS. They suggested that someone who was knowledgeable
regarding the difficulties to contact them thru "Be My Eyes" so they could
be aware of it and offer help towards a solution. A little communication
might go a long way here.