Topics

Issue with making a call on the latest version of Skype using Mac OS high Sierra

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Hi Mac users, I've taken the plans, and reinstalled the latest version of Skype on my MacBook Pro. I want to go call one of my friends on Skype, and every time I hit the audio call or video call button, it takes me right back into the chat window. What is going on. I even tried to call Skype test call service and it doesn't even work. If anybody wants to try it with me. Skype is the following.

joseph.hudson89

Sarah k Alawami

You can hit command shift r then swit h it to a video call later I believe.

Take care

On 9 Aug 2018, at 0:10, Joseph Hudson wrote:

Hi Mac users, I've taken the plans, and reinstalled the latest version of Skype on my MacBook Pro. I want to go call one of my friends on Skype, and every time I hit the audio call or video call button, it takes me right back into the chat window. What is going on. I even tried to call Skype test call service and it doesn't even work. If anybody wants to try it with me. Skype is the following.

joseph.hudson89

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Command shift our did not work.
Joseph Hudson

Email
jhud7789@...
I device support
Telephone
2543007667
Skype
joseph.hudson89
facebook
Twitter
https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

FaceTime/iMessage
jhud7789@...
And now finally, if none of the above options work well for you. I have a room on zoom as well. The link and instructions to join won't be below

Hi there,

Joseph Hudson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Joseph Hudson's Zoom Meeting
Time: Apr 10, 2018 10:30 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/502788655

Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,502788655# or +16468769923,,502788655#
Or Telephone:
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 876 9923
Meeting ID: 502 788 655
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/dkZ76Qvjp

On Aug 9, 2018, at 12:19 PM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

You can hit command shift r then swit h it to a video call later I believe.

Take care

On 9 Aug 2018, at 0:10, Joseph Hudson wrote:

Hi Mac users, I've taken the plans, and reinstalled the latest version of Skype on my MacBook Pro. I want to go call one of my friends on Skype, and every time I hit the audio call or video call button, it takes me right back into the chat window. What is going on. I even tried to call Skype test call service and it doesn't even work. If anybody wants to try it with me. Skype is the following.

joseph.hudson89

Sarah k Alawami

Works here. I use it all the time. In fact I’ve ben updated to skype 8.27 for a few days now and didn’t know it. Command shift r works every single time.. Keep trying I guess.

Email jhud7789@... I device support Telephone 2543007667 Skype joseph.hudson89 facebook https://www.facebook.com/joseph.hudson.9404 Twitter https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

FaceTime/iMessage jhud7789@... And now finally, if none of the above options work well for you. I have a room on zoom as well. The link and instructions to join won't be below

Hi there,

Joseph Hudson is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Joseph Hudson's Zoom Meeting Time: Apr 10, 2018 10:30 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/502788655

Or iPhone one-tap : US: +16699006833,,502788655# or +16468769923,,502788655# Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 876 9923 Meeting ID: 502 788 655 International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/dkZ76Qvjp

On Aug 9, 2018, at 12:19 PM, Sarah k Alawami marrie12@... wrote:

You can hit command shift r then swit h it to a video call later I believe.

Take care

On 9 Aug 2018, at 0:10, Joseph Hudson wrote:

Hi Mac users, I've taken the plans, and reinstalled the latest version of Skype on my MacBook Pro. I want to go call one of my friends on Skype, and every time I hit the audio call or video call button, it takes me right back into the chat window. What is going on. I even tried to call Skype test call service and it doesn't even work. If anybody wants to try it with me. Skype is the following.

joseph.hudson89

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Well unfortunately none of the commands work though off to look for advice from other individuals. Because all it does went to Brandy she had a call, is as it says missed call on the other persons account. Anytime I go to initiate a call but then I can going initiate a call on my iPhone and it works perfectly fine. So something is wrong. The only thing that's not cooperating, is the volume setting. I turned all all the way up to 10, and it goes right back down to zero. So Let's see anything that's wrong.

On Aug 9, 2018, at 10:54 PM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

[...]

Michele Barbi

Ok guys, I think you need to press enter before making a call in order to open the chat. I noticed that without doing it, starting a call does not work.

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Michelle, I really tried that., And it would take me right back to the Chatfield. My next thing is to just try to use Skype for web

On Aug 10, 2018, at 1:07 AM, Michele Barbi <barbi.michele@...> wrote:

Ok guys, I think you need to press enter before making a call in order to open the chat. I noticed that without doing it, starting a call does not work.

Quite strange, unless there is a bug with Skype 8.27 for Mac which I did not test myself but I’ll do soon.
Other thing you can do is, disregard the edit box and try pressing cmd+shift+r anyway.

No, no bug. I hit enter on my student’s chat, hit command shift r and the thing went to make a call and it worked. We had our class. Command shift h did the same thing, but hung up the call. Really rocking this new skype.

You might want to try resetting skype all-together with clean my mac or some other software like that. Then try again. Tre might be a file that’s gone bad. On 11 Aug 2018, at 7:14, Michele Barbi wrote:

Quite strange, unless there is a bug with Skype 8.27 for Mac which I did not test myself but I’ll do soon. Other thing you can do is, disregard the edit box and try pressing cmd+shift+r anyway. Bye! Barbuz

adrian

I love the new skype I find it easy to use on the Mac.

On Aug 11, 2018, at 10:02 AM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

No, no bug. I hit enter on my student’s chat, hit command shift r and the thing went to make a call and it worked. We had our class. Command shift h did the same thing, but hung up the call. Really rocking this new skype.

You might want to try resetting skype all-together with clean my mac or some other software like that. Then try again. Tre might be a file that’s gone bad.
On 11 Aug 2018, at 7:14, Michele Barbi wrote:

Quite strange, unless there is a bug with Skype 8.27 for Mac which I did not test myself but I’ll do soon.
Other thing you can do is, disregard the edit box and try pressing cmd+shift+r anyway.

So you also don’t have the problem the person is having in placing calls? Yeah works here for me. Either somethingn is wrong with ther skype or their keyboard is braking or something. I hope they can get it fixed.

On 11 Aug 2018, at 9:11, adrian via Groups.Io wrote:

I love the new skype I find it easy to use on the Mac.

On Aug 11, 2018, at 10:02 AM, Sarah k Alawami marrie12@... wrote:

No, no bug. I hit enter on my student’s chat, hit command shift r and the thing went to make a call and it worked. We had our class. Command shift h did the same thing, but hung up the call. Really rocking this new skype.

You might want to try resetting skype all-together with clean my mac or some other software like that. Then try again. Tre might be a file that’s gone bad. On 11 Aug 2018, at 7:14, Michele Barbi wrote:

Quite strange, unless there is a bug with Skype 8.27 for Mac which I did not test myself but I’ll do soon. Other thing you can do is, disregard the edit box and try pressing cmd+shift+r anyway. Bye! Barbuz

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

I had my keyboard replaced on my Mac ones already. So I'm sure now my keyboard. It's something within Skype I know that for sure. But can't pinpoint myself to the current settings.

On Aug 11, 2018, at 12:49 PM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

[...]

Michelle, do I do this from the chat window? In the edit box

On Aug 11, 2018, at 9:14 AM, Michele Barbi <barbi.michele@...> wrote:

Quite strange, unless there is a bug with Skype 8.27 for Mac which I did not test myself but I’ll do soon.
Other thing you can do is, disregard the edit box and try pressing cmd+shift+r anyway.

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

Adrian, yeah you're correct the Skype is easy to work. But for one thing, when a call comes in and I don't answer does it's thing as I have it set to do. There's no audio for the call. I've looked everywhere and obvious settings, and, for Skype and proceed to the call button. It takes me right back into the chat window. Secondly, if I do the command shift or it does absolutely nothing. So what do I need to do?

On Aug 11, 2018, at 11:11 AM, adrian via Groups.Io <adrianleong=rocketmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

I love the new skype I find it easy to use on the Mac.

On Aug 11, 2018, at 10:02 AM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

No, no bug. I hit enter on my student’s chat, hit command shift r and the thing went to make a call and it worked. We had our class. Command shift h did the same thing, but hung up the call. Really rocking this new skype.

You might want to try resetting skype all-together with clean my mac or some other software like that. Then try again. Tre might be a file that’s gone bad.
On 11 Aug 2018, at 7:14, Michele Barbi wrote:

Quite strange, unless there is a bug with Skype 8.27 for Mac which I did not test myself but I’ll do soon.
Other thing you can do is, disregard the edit box and try pressing cmd+shift+r anyway.

Ok Sarah I see…
I am using 8.25 on my Mac, and btw I am not able to update for no obvious reason.

I think you can make the hotkeys inside the chat window, no matter if you are on th edit box or somewhere else.

I didn’t change anything when I installed skype 8. So yeah dunno what’s up there. It’s odd for sure that it works for all of us so far.

Take care

On 11 Aug 2018, at 11:03, Joseph Hudson wrote:

[...]

So here’s what you can try.

  • open the chat with enter
  • I go o the edit box to make sure I’m in the right chat.
  • hit command shift r and the call should be placed.

hope that helps a bit.

On 11 Aug 2018, at 11:10, Joseph Hudson wrote:

Michelle, do I do this from the chat window? In the edit box

On Aug 11, 2018, at 9:14 AM, Michele Barbi barbi.michele@... wrote:

Quite strange, unless there is a bug with Skype 8.27 for Mac which I did not test myself but I’ll do soon.
Other thing you can do is, disregard the edit box and try pressing cmd+shift+r anyway.

Ok, the update is that yesterday I finally managed to update Skype from 8.25 to 8.27. I hope I manage to make some calls soon so that I can test if it still works as I found out lately. I’ll let you up to date.

Try echo123. Can you test with that and see i fyou can hit command shift r?

On 12 Aug 2018, at 8:16, Michele Barbi wrote:

Ok, the update is that yesterday I finally managed to update Skype from 8.25 to 8.27. I hope I manage to make some calls soon so that I can test if it still works as I found out lately. I’ll let you up to date. Bye! Barbuz