Topics

upgrading from skype 7

Gary Jackson <gljackson@...>

Hello all,

If we just accept the update when we get the notice after opening skype will it update to  the latest version of skype 8?

Gary

Michele Barbi

Gary asks:
"If we just accept the update when we get the notice after opening skype will it update to  the latest version of skype 8?"
Hi Gary and all,
yes I think so. I sincerely did not do it, scripts are not available in Italian yet. One friend of mine is using english scripts though, so it's possible that I'll do it soon as well.

I believe mine did. And let me tell you, it was worth it.

On Jul 20, 2018, at 9:59 AM, Gary Jackson <gljackson@...> wrote:

Hello all,

If we just accept the update when we get the notice after opening skype will it update to  the latest version of skype 8?

Gary

cecropia64

Mine did too.� But the new interface is rather confusing.� I'll have to play with it for a bit to figure it out.

Stew

On Jul 20, 2018, at 9:59 AM, Gary Jackson <gljackson@... <mailto:gljackson@...>> wrote:

Hello all,
If we just accept the update when we get the notice after opening skype will it update to� the latest version of skype 8?
Gary

Sarah k Alawami

It really is not. It is almos the same as the web skype. If you just take the time to grasp it slowly, you can do it. I think it took me about 2-3 hours of just playing wiht it before my job and I was almost on my way to rocking the new skype.

Take care

On Jul 20, 2018, at 11:26 AM, cecropia64 <cecropia64@...> wrote:

Mine did too.� But the new interface is rather confusing.� I'll have to play with it for a bit to figure it out.

Stew

On 7/20/2018 2:11 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I believe mine did.�And let me tell you, it was worth it.

On Jul 20, 2018, at 9:59 AM, Gary Jackson <gljackson@... <mailto:gljackson@...>> wrote:

Hello all,
If we just accept the update when we get the notice after opening skype will it update to� the latest version of skype 8?
Gary

Clare Page <clare.page@...>

Hi!

In answer to Gary’s question, hitting the Update Now button when I opened Skype 7 yesterday immediately sedt the installation of Skype 8 going, so I now have Skype 8 on my Windows 7 computer.

Skype 8 is definitely very different to Skype 7, but I find it accessible, even without the NVDA add-on. I don’t use JAWS, so I don’t know how accessible Skype 8 is without JAWS scripts.

Bye for now, and happy skyping!

From Clare

"If we just accept the update when we get the notice after opening skype will it update to  the latest version of skype 8?"
Hi Gary and all,
yes I think so. I sincerely did not do it, scripts are not available in Italian yet. One friend of mine is using english scripts though, so it's possible that I'll do it soon as well.

Nicki keck <jesusgirl71@...>

I have wanted to upgrade.  Every day for the past few months, every time I bring up skype, I get the upgrade prompt.  Now that I actually want it, it isn’t coming up, so I guess I’ll have to look for the update in skype 7 and do it myself.  Funny how when you don’t want something to appear, it’s there like clockwork, but when you do, it doesn’t appear for days.

In answer to Gary’s question, hitting the Update Now button when I opened Skype 7 yesterday immediately sedt the installation of Skype 8 going, so I now have Skype 8 on my Windows 7 computer.

Skype 8 is definitely very different to Skype 7, but I find it accessible, even without the NVDA add-on. I don’t use JAWS, so I don’t know how accessible Skype 8 is without JAWS scripts.

Bye for now, and happy skyping!

From Clare

"If we just accept the update when we get the notice after opening skype will it update to  the latest version of skype 8?"
Hi Gary and all,
yes I think so. I sincerely did not do it, scripts are not available in Italian yet. One friend of mine is using english scripts though, so it's possible that I'll do it soon as well.

Smiling?

Just go to ninite.com and grab it there or go to your Skype help menu and check for updates there.

I have wanted to upgrade.  Every day for the past few months, every time I bring up skype, I get the upgrade prompt.  Now that I actually want it, it isn’t coming up, so I guess I’ll have to look for the update in skype 7 and do it myself.  Funny how when you don’t want something to appear, it’s there like clockwork, but when you do, it doesn’t appear for days.

In answer to Gary’s question, hitting the Update Now button when I opened Skype 7 yesterday immediately sedt the installation of Skype 8 going, so I now have Skype 8 on my Windows 7 computer.

Skype 8 is definitely very different to Skype 7, but I find it accessible, even without the NVDA add-on. I don’t use JAWS, so I don’t know how accessible Skype 8 is without JAWS scripts.

Bye for now, and happy skyping!

From Clare

"If we just accept the update when we get the notice after opening skype will it update to  the latest version of skype 8?"
Hi Gary and all,
yes I think so. I sincerely did not do it, scripts are not available in Italian yet. One friend of mine is using english scripts though, so it's possible that I'll do it soon as well.

Nicki keck <jesusgirl71@...>

I did, eventually.  It seems to be working fine here.  It’s not nearly as bad as I feared.

[...]

From Clare

"If we just accept the update when we get the notice after opening skype will it update to  the latest version of skype 8?"
Hi Gary and all,
yes I think so. I sincerely did not do it, scripts are not available in Italian yet. One friend of mine is using english scripts though, so it's possible that I'll do it soon as well.

adrian

Does any one know how. I can upgrade to it for the Mac?

On Jul 21, 2018, at 11:54 PM, Nicki keck <jesusgirl71@...> wrote:

[...]

From Clare