ending a call using latest scripts

James Malone

Hi all, two questions. First off, I don’t have a problem selecting a name in the contacts list. However, when a in coming call comes in, how do you answer it? And second off, How do you end the call?

James

http://www.cdbaby.com/jamesmalone

James Malone, (916)212-5397http://www.tunecore.com

Shaun Oliver

answering the call is a matter of tabbing to the button and pressing it. ending a call you do by pressing ctrl+e. that, is a Skype shortcut, not, a screenreader related one, scripted or otherwise.

On 19/07/2018 06:15, James Malone wrote:

Hi all, two questions. First off, I don’t have a problem selecting a name in the contacts list. However, when a in coming call comes in, how do you answer it? And second off, How do you end the call?

James

http://www.cdbaby.com/jamesmalone

James Malone, (916)212-5397http://www.tunecore.com

Josephine Hirsch

How can you answer your voicemail on Skype 8?

On 7/18/2018 3:53 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:

answering the call is a matter of tabbing to the button and pressing it. ending a call you do by pressing ctrl+e. that, is a Skype shortcut, not, a screenreader related one, scripted or otherwise.

On 19/07/2018 06:15, James Malone wrote:

Hi all, two questions. First off, I don’t have a problem selecting a name in the contacts list. However, when a in coming call comes in, how do you answer it? And second off, How do you end the call?

James

http://www.cdbaby.com/jamesmalone

James Malone, (916)212-5397http://www.tunecore.com

Mich Verrier

I think that to ancer a call you hit space. From Mich.

Hi all, two questions. First off, I don’t have a problem selecting a name in the contacts list. However, when a in coming call comes in, how do you answer it? And second off, How do you end the call?

James

http://www.cdbaby.com/jamesmalone

James Malone, (916)212-5397http://www.tunecore.com

Shaun Oliver

there should be a play button, I have yet to test this, if you like, add me on skype and we will work this out together. my skype is blindmanonair

On 19/07/2018 06:24, Josephine Hirsch wrote:

How can you answer your voicemail on Skype 8?

On 7/18/2018 3:53 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:

answering the call is a matter of tabbing to the button and pressing it. ending a call you do by pressing ctrl+e. that, is a Skype shortcut, not, a screenreader related one, scripted or otherwise.

On 19/07/2018 06:15, James Malone wrote:

Hi all, two questions. First off, I don’t have a problem selecting a name in the contacts list. However, when a in coming call comes in, how do you answer it? And second off, How do you end the call?

James

http://www.cdbaby.com/jamesmalone

James Malone, (916)212-5397http://www.tunecore.com

Josephine Hirsch

Would it be different ifyou have Windows 7 as your OS

On 7/18/2018 6:49 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:

[...]

no, that won't make a difference as the interface is exactly the same. the operating system has little to do with the interface of an app.

On 19/07/2018 09:22, Josephine Hirsch wrote:

[...]

Octavian Rasnita

Is it possible in Skype 8 to answer/end a call with a hotkey when the focus is in another application, like in Skype Classic?

--Octavian

Is it possible in Skype 8 to answer/end a call with a hotkey when the focus is in another application, like in Skype Classic?

--Octavian

answering the call is a matter of tabbing to the button and pressing it. ending a call you do by pressing ctrl+e. that, is a Skype shortcut, not, a screenreader related one, scripted or otherwise.

On 19/07/2018 06:15, James Malone wrote:

Hi all, two questions. First off, I don’t have a problem selecting a name in the contacts list. However, when a in coming call comes in, how do you answer it? And second off, How do you end the call?

James

http://www.cdbaby.com/jamesmalone

James Malone, (916)212-5397http://www.tunecore.com

Octavian Rasnita

OK. Thank you. Sounds worse and worse.

This is the big disadvantage of Skype 8 I found until now.

What is the procedure of answering a call if we hear that somebody is calling?
Does a Skype window pops-up and we need to switch to it, or we need to press Insert+F11 and open Skype from system tray?

And, how can we find who is calling, before answering the call?

--Octavian

Is it possible in Skype 8 to answer/end a call with a hotkey when the focus is in another application, like in Skype Classic?

--Octavian

answering the call is a matter of tabbing to the button and pressing it. ending a call you do by pressing ctrl+e. that, is a Skype shortcut, not, a screenreader related one, scripted or otherwise.

On 19/07/2018 06:15, James Malone wrote:

Hi all, two questions. First off, I don’t have a problem selecting a name in the contacts list. However, when a in coming call comes in, how do you answer it? And second off, How do you end the call?

James

http://www.cdbaby.com/jamesmalone

James Malone, (916)212-5397http://www.tunecore.com

Octavian Rasnita

Thank you too. Does that mean that there is a longer answer that can be used as a workaround? :)

--Octavian

On 19/07/2018 12:38, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
Is it possible in Skype 8 to answer/end a call with a hotkey when the focus is in another application, like in Skype Classic?

--Octavian
answering the call is a matter of tabbing to the button and pressing it. ending a call you do by pressing ctrl+e. that, is a Skype shortcut, not, a screenreader related one, scripted or otherwise.

On 19/07/2018 06:15, James Malone wrote:

Hi all, two questions. First off, I don’t have a problem selecting a name in the contacts list. However, when a in coming call comes in, how do you answer it? And second off, How do you end the call?

James

http://www.cdbaby.com/jamesmalone

James Malone, (916)212-5397http://www.tunecore.com

James Malone

Look at this as being a work in progress for all of us. Although we may not have the answer you are looking for, I’m sure that someone on the list who is using 8.25 with the scripts can and have the answer we all are looking for.

[...]

I have yet to test this, but, I suspect it will pop up a tost notification. in the case of Mac, IOS and Android, they pop up a window whereby you can click the answer button.

On 19/07/2018 13:04, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
[...]

Sarah k Alawami

Yes it does, it pops up right in your face all you do is hot space, or vo space on answer. I hear for example incoming call from student. I hit space and begin my class. To hang up I cmd tab to skype and hit cmd shift h to hang up.