From: skypeenglish@groups.io <skypeenglish@groups.io> on behalf of cecropia64 <cecropia64@...>
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2018 1:36:33 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: [skypeenglish] What now?

So what does this mean for those of us using Skype classic?  What
happens now?

cecropia64

Okay.� Another dumb question possibly.� Is Skype accessible without� scripts or do I need them.� Also, I'm using Win 7 64-bit and Jaws 2018.� Any accessibility issues I should know about? Thanks

On 7/16/2018 1:43 PM, Lino Morales wrote:

Its simple. Use Skype 8.X on WIN 7 or the UWP app on WIN 10.

So what does this mean for those of us using Skype classic?� What
happens now?

Simon w <gonws2000@...>

Hi, what’s with all these weird symbols in this email below.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 1:47 PM, cecropia64 <cecropia64@...> wrote:

Okay.� Another dumb question possibly.� Is Skype accessible without� scripts or do I need them.� Also, I'm using Win 7 64-bit and Jaws 2018.� Any accessibility issues I should know about? Thanks

On 7/16/2018 1:43 PM, Lino Morales wrote:

Its simple. Use Skype 8.X on WIN 7 or the UWP app on WIN 10.

So what does this mean for those of us using Skype classic?� What
happens now?

Sarah k Alawami

Basically after September u won’t be able to use it. I would learn the skype 8. It actually is not that bad. Ive ben using it for my job since about maybe July or late June and I am actually loving it.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 10:36 AM, cecropia64 <cecropia64@...> wrote:

So what does this mean for those of us using Skype classic? What happens now?

Sarah k Alawami

I’m guessing the message didn’t render. I’m seeing it to. Will the person please rewrite the message and make sure the odd rendering issue does not appear? Thanks.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 10:55 AM, Simon w via Groups.Io <gonws2000@...> wrote:

Hi, what’s with all these weird symbols in this email below.
On Jul 16, 2018, at 1:47 PM, cecropia64 <cecropia64@...> wrote:

Okay.� Another dumb question possibly.� Is Skype accessible without� scripts or do I need them.� Also, I'm using Win 7 64-bit and Jaws 2018.� Any accessibility issues I should know about? Thanks

On 7/16/2018 1:43 PM, Lino Morales wrote:

Its simple. Use Skype 8.X on WIN 7 or the UWP app on WIN 10.

So what does this mean for those of us using Skype classic?� What
happens now?

Jerry Pryde

Q:
After September, classic Skype is gone?

Basically after September u won’t be able to use it. I would learn the skype 8. It actually is not that bad. Ive ben using it for my job since about maybe July or late June and I am actually loving it.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 10:36 AM, cecropia64 <cecropia64@...> wrote:

So what does this mean for those of us using Skype classic? What happens now?

Mike Bernard

What concerns me, is the interface. Particularly the contacts list. People I know who are screen reader users, have complained that in Skype 8, they have no way to know when someone is either online, offline, away, Etc. Then of course, there's the confrence call thing, sending ims and command structure as a whole and so forth. I've heard reviews from both the sighted and the blind, and unfortunately, none of them have been good. Basically, many people are saying, "what the heck did microsoft do to this program?" That's not actually the way I wanted to put it, but I didn't want to come out and curse on the list. But trust me when I say, people are hating this new version. Just in case, I'm also looking into another voip program.
Mike

Basically after September u won’t be able to use it. I would learn the skype 8. It actually is not that bad. Ive ben using it for my job since about maybe July or late June and I am actually loving it.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 10:36 AM, cecropia64 <cecropia64@...> wrote:

So what does this mean for those of us using Skype classic? What happens now?

Shaun Oliver

it does say active or online depending on which version of skype they're using

On 17/07/2018 04:32, Mike Bernard via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Dan Eickmeier

Yeah I couldn’t agree more Mike. When i first tried Skype 8 on the mac, I tried it briefly, I decided to totally abandon it, and have switched to zoom.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 3:02 PM, Mike Bernard via Groups.Io <mbern6516@...> wrote:

[...]

I dunno. I personally am loving the skype new interface. I can actually I believe hear when my contacts come online. I think I can see it anyway I have to play with it. and as for Itgroups I’m not having any issues wiht those. Iv’e ben able to create and add to groups. Over all the experience is very good.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 12:02 PM, Mike Bernard via Groups.Io <mbern6516@...> wrote:

[...]

I do use both. I use zoom and skype for my obs every day and I’m getting around skype very well. Give it another go. You will love it.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 12:20 PM, Dan Eickmeier via Groups.Io <va3ets2000@...> wrote:

[...]

Josephine Hirsch

When I tried Skype 8 on Windows, and it have no option for checking my voicemail.. It is basically for Windows 10, and I have Windows 7 as my computer's OSSo I switched it back to Skype Classic

On 7/16/2018 2:20 PM, Dan Eickmeier via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Mich Verrier

Hi all I am running Skype™‎ Version 7.41.0.101 on windows 10 and jaws 2018.is this the version that is not going to work after September? And if so where do I get skype 8? From Mich.

Basically after September u won’t be able to use it. I would learn the skype 8. It actually is not that bad. Ive ben using it for my job since about maybe July or late June and I am actually loving it.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 10:36 AM, cecropia64 <cecropia64@...> wrote:

So what does this mean for those of us using Skype classic? What happens now?

Josephine Hirsch

I am using Skype version 7.5.9 for Windows 7, and Skype 8 does not work very well with my computer, JAWS, nor NVDA.

On 7/16/2018 2:32 PM, Mich Verrier wrote:
Hi all I am running Skype™‎ Version 7.41.0.101 on windows 10 and jaws 2018.is this the version that is not going to work after September? And if so where do I get skype 8? From Mich.

Basically after September u won’t be able to use it. I would learn the skype 8. It actually is not that bad. Ive ben using it for my job since about maybe July or late June and I am actually loving it.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 10:36 AM, cecropia64 <cecropia64@...> wrote:

So what does this mean for those of us using Skype classic? What happens now?

Sarah k Alawami

I think there is an option, but you need to be in the chat. I was able to do it a few days ago. Actually now I just send audio clips from my phone to my contacts. Those actually sound better than the voicemail thing in my humble opinion.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 12:22 PM, Josephine Hirsch <animalsloversjh@...> wrote:

[...]

Go to skype.com and find the download page. Then find the 8 preview link. This is the one you want to get, I think?

On Jul 16, 2018, at 12:32 PM, Mich Verrier <michv@...> wrote:

Hi all I am running Skype™‎   Version 7.41.0.101 on windows 10 and jaws 2018.is this the version that is not going to work after September? And if so where do I get skype 8? From Mich.

Basically after September u won’t be able to use it. I would learn the skype 8. It actually is not that bad. Ive ben using it for my job since about maybe July or late June and I am actually loving it.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 10:36 AM, cecropia64 <cecropia64@...> wrote:

So what does this mean for those of us using Skype classic?  What happens now?

Doug Lee

You might be helped by my JAWS scripts for Skype 8 at http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/ or by my NVDA add-on for Skype 8 at http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/skype.nvda-addon

These of course work with Skype 8 but not Skype 7.

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 02:34:28PM -0500, Josephine Hirsch wrote:
I am using Skype version 7.5.9 for Windows 7, and Skype 8 does not work very
well with my computer, JAWS, nor NVDA.

On 7/16/2018 2:32 PM, Mich Verrier wrote:
Hi all I am running Skype?????? Version 7.41.0.101 on windows 10 and jaws 2018.is this the version that is not going to work after September? And if so where do I get skype 8? From Mich.

Basically after September u won???t be able to use it. I would learn the skype 8. It actually is not that bad. Ive ben using it for my job since about maybe July or late June and I am actually loving it.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 10:36 AM, cecropia64 <cecropia64@...> wrote:

So what does this mean for those of us using Skype classic? What happens now?

"Our chief want in life is somebody who will make us do what
we can. {Ralph Waldo Emerson}

cecropia64

thanks for the heads up.

Stew

On 7/16/2018 4:24 PM, Doug Lee wrote:
[...]

Dan,
Do you know if this new version will work with the Iphone? I have friends who for one reason or another are currently restricted to using their Iphones when using skype.
Mike