Microsoft is Killing Skype Classic on September 1 -

Sarah k Alawami

Michele Barbi

Hello guys,
I just read the article but I don't know if the information is referring to Windows or also to Mac.
Bye!
Barbuz

Shaun Oliver

it did say across all platforms, so that does include mac.

Sarah k Alawami

I believe it is both. I personally am loving skype 8. d I can do so so much with it that I could not do wiht skype 7. The interface is very smooth and easy to use.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 12:18 PM, Michele Barbi <barbi.michele@...> wrote:

Hello guys,
I just read the article but I don't know if the information is referring to Windows or also to Mac.
Bye!
Barbuz

Josephine Hirsch

That really sucks, and I only have Windows 7 for my computer's OS

On 7/16/2018 2:19 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:

Sarah k Alawami

Isn’t there an electron skype for windows 7? I can’t remember now.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 12:20 PM, Josephine Hirsch <animalsloversjh@...> wrote:

That really sucks, and I only have Windows 7 for my computer's OS

On 7/16/2018 2:19 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:

Doug Lee

I do find Skype 8 to be the fastest Skype we have on Windows, but I'm not ready to say it has as many features as Skype 7 or UWP. It does report online status, when available, in the Conversations list.

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 12:19:11PM -0700, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I believe it is both. I personally am loving skype 8. d I can do so so much with it that I could not do wiht skype 7. The interface is very smooth and easy to use.

Hello guys,
Bye!
Barbuz

--
Doug Lee dgl@... http://www.dlee.org
Level Access doug.lee@... http://www.LevelAccess.com
"I honestly believe it is better to know nothing than to know what ain't so."
- Josh Billings, 1818-1885 (in "Solemn Thoughts")

Octavian Rasnita

I understood that Skype 8 doesn't offer the possibility of opening separate windows for separate chats. How can we solve this problem?

--Octavian

----- Original Message -----
To: <skypeenglish@groups.io>
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2018 10:19 PM
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Microsoft is Killing Skype Classic on September 1 -

Hello guys,
Bye!
Barbuz

jazzyjennifer

does skype 8 work with windows 10 and does it work with NVDA i've tryed the skype from the windows  microsoft store, and i dont mind the interface, i just dont like the way it runs, like for egzample. if i go to log out. of it. i cuold go to the bathroom, and come back, and it will still say its logging me out. and i dont like that when your in a call. on the windows ten metro skype app. if you have to answer to a chat, well in a call you have to do all this picking and playing, to try to get the chat fo focus with NVDA anyways, and there's just parts of teh windows 10 metro app that is laggy.

Michele Barbi

I think it works with Windows 10 now, they apparently changed their idea since in the past it was only supposed to work with Windows 7 and 8.
For NVDA, Doug Lee also created an addon which can be downloaded here: http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/skype.nvda-addon
Bye!
Barbuz