starting a skype call from a skype chat in skype 8 for mac

Sarah k Alawami

I cannot start a skype call in skype 8 for mac from a chat. I know there is a way, however I don’t see it if I hit enter on a chat. Is there a way to do this? I start chats with my students then place the calls from there, or did in skype 7. I’m learning as much as I can about skype 8 as it has gotten better but yeah. There are a few things that need to go away first before I deem it perfect, but any feedback I send never seems to be enacted upon. Anyway, how can I start a skype call from a chat? I have work today-and cannot really afford to be late again.

Take care all.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website: http://www.tffppodcast.com
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and tutorials go to http://www.tffppodcast.com/premium
and for hosting options go to http://www.tffppodcast.com/hosting
to subscribe to the feed click here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/tffp
And for the listen page go here:
http://www.tffppodcast.com/listen

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here:
http://www.tffppodcast.com/pod-pledge
For an android list in the making where android apps, accessibility, phones and development can be discussed subscribe send a blank email to
androiddiscuss+subscribe@android-discuss.groups.io
and follow the prompts.
to visit the subgroups and subscribe (note you must be subscribed to the main group as well) visit the following URL:
about-android.tffppodcast.com

Michele Barbi

Hello Sarah, first press enter on the contact in order to start the chat, then try pressing cmd+shift+r. That shoyuld start a call with the person with whom you created a chat.

Sarah k Alawami

Oh does that keystroke still owrk? Given that there i sno calls menu in skype 8 I was not sure, or even a way to envoke a call from the right click menu of a chat would be nice. Oh well. I’ll try that today. Failing that, is there an icon or option in the chat itself?

On Jul 3, 2018, at 12:06 PM, Michele Barbi <barbi.michele@...> wrote:

Hello Sarah, first press enter on the contact in order to start the chat, then try pressing cmd+shift+r. That shoyuld start a call with the person with whom you created a chat.

Michele Barbi

I don't think so, I tested that command yesterday and it worked on my hand.

Cool, I’ll try that out and see if it works when I start my class today.

On Jul 3, 2018, at 12:55 PM, Michele Barbi <barbi.michele@...> wrote:

I don't think so, I tested that command yesterday and it worked on my hand.

Well, the command shift r worked well. Command shift h worked well to hang up a call. I’m surprised this is not documented in any menues as far as I know. Anyone have a good link for such keyboard shortcuts with skype 8?

On Jul 3, 2018, at 12:58 PM, Sarah Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

Cool, I’ll try that out and see if it works when I start my class today.

On Jul 3, 2018, at 12:55 PM, Michele Barbi <barbi.michele@...> wrote:

I don't think so, I tested that command yesterday and it worked on my hand.

I think David Moore sent us a table in the past concerning eighter Skype 8 electron for Windows or Skype 8 for Mac, I asked for the link since I wanted to set it in Italian as well but now I am afraid I lost it.

Try the correct tab in the following URL, where the tabs follow the content rather than coming first if I recall correctly: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12025/what-are-hotkeys-and-how-do-i-use-them-in-skype

On Tue, Jul 03, 2018 at 05:19:34PM -0700, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Well, the command shift r worked well. Command shift h worked well to hang up a call. I???m surprised this is not documented in any menues as far as I know. Anyone have a good link for such keyboard shortcuts with skype 8?

On Jul 3, 2018, at 12:58 PM, Sarah Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

Cool, I???ll try that out and see if it works when I start my class today.

On Jul 3, 2018, at 12:55 PM, Michele Barbi <barbi.michele@...> wrote:

I don't think so, I tested that command yesterday and it worked on my hand.

"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both
incisive and probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by
dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper." --Rod Serling