Topics

JAWS drops in volume when Skype calls come in

Larry Gassman

Hi all,
When two of my friends receive skype calls, and or make them, there JAWS audio decreases dramatically.
I checked and all of the check boxes regarding audio ducking are unchecked in both settings center and in the wizard.
Any thoughts as to why this is happening and about potential solutions?
Larry

Sarah k Alawami

Just letting you know you highjacked this thread and sent your message twice, or maybe groups.io glitched on the second point but please do not highjack this thread, or anyt hread, start a new one please. The next time this happens you will be on a week ban. Thanks. This is a gental reminder to all. The reason I bring this up is I don't want to have to split the topic. That is going to be a mess so I'd rather that people just start a new thread if they have a question. I'll do it this time but not again.

On Jun 30, 2018, at 9:46 AM, Larry Gassman <larrygassman@...> wrote:

Hi all,
When two of my friends receive skype calls, and or make them, there JAWS audio decreases dramatically.
I checked and all of the check boxes regarding audio ducking are unchecked in both settings center and in the wizard.
Any thoughts as to why this is happening and about potential solutions?
Larry

Jerry Pryde

I actually got it five times.

[...]

I sent the message once with a new subject.
The subject was mine.
I have no clue of what you are talking about.
Larry

Larry Gassman

I sent the message once with a new subject.
The subject was mine.
I have no clue of what you are talking about.
Larry

Sarah k Alawami

Odd, it threaded over here into a different message . But for you new comers, please keep the hijacking thing in mind as it makes my job a lot harder. The oddities of email. Sorry, it might have ben my fault this time.

Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website: http://www.tffppodcast.com
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and tutorials go to http://www.tffppodcast.com/premium
and for hosting options go to http://www.tffppodcast.com/hosting
to subscribe to the feed click here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/tffp
And for the listen page go here:
http://www.tffppodcast.com/listen

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here:
http://www.tffppodcast.com/pod-pledge

On Jun 30, 2018, at 11:14 AM, Larry Gassman <larrygassman@...> wrote:

I sent the message once with a new subject.
The subject was mine.
I have no clue of what you are talking about.
Larry

Mario

in the sound applet in the control panel, Windows can automatically
adjust the volume of different sounds when you are using your PC to
place or receive telephone calls in the Communications property sheet.
how about changing "When Windows detects communications activity:" to
"Do nothing radio button checked. did it help?
When Windows detects communications activity:
Do nothing radio button checked

When two of my friends receive skype calls, and or make them, there JAWS
audio decreases dramatically.
I checked and all of the check boxes regarding audio ducking are
unchecked in both settings center and in the wizard.
Any thoughts as to why this is happening and about potential solutions?
Larry

.

Sarah k Alawami

Lol. Yeah Woopsy doodle.

Anyway check you comunications settings under sound properties to see if that's the cause. I had a similar issue a while ago and tht's what I was told.

Take care

On Jun 30, 2018, at 10:21 AM, Jerry Pryde <jpryde1@...> wrote:

I actually got it five times.

-----Original Message----- From: Sarah k Alawami