From: cecropia64
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2018 10:57 AM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: [skypeenglish] skype not shutting down

HiP:

I'm using Windows 7 64bit and Skype version 7.41. When I login, I can
do what I need to. But after logging out, I can't shut it down. I go
to the menu and hit close but Skype still remains. The only way to get
rid of it is to reboot my computer.

Any suggestions as how I can close Skype? Thanks

Stewart

Michele Barbi

The insert procedure must be like this: insert+f11 for the system tray, then focus Skype and press enter. In the context menu, choose quit; once you do that, confirm using the quit button.
If you're using JAWS and Doug's scripts, you can also press alt+shift+f4 in quick succession and this will shut down Skype.

Will te alt shift f4 work with my verison of skype on windows, not sur ewhat version it is but I'm running nvda.

On Jun 17, 2018, at 12:17 PM, Michele Barbi <barbi.michele@...> wrote:

The insert procedure must be like this: insert+f11 for the system tray, then focus Skype and press enter. In the context menu, choose quit; once you do that, confirm using the quit button.
If you're using JAWS and Doug's scripts, you can also press alt+shift+f4 in quick succession and this will shut down Skype.

Larry Lumpkin

You can make a systray item for skype and then activate the context menu in
it and go to quit but don't check the checkbox that says never show me this
dialog.

wrote:

The insert procedure must be like this: insert+f11 for the system tray,
then focus Skype and press enter. In the context menu, choose quit; once you
do that, confirm using the quit button.
If you're using JAWS and Doug's scripts, you can also press alt+shift+f4
in quick succession and this will shut down Skype.

Sarah asks:
"Will te alt shift f4 work  with my verison of skype on windows, not sur ewhat version it is but I'm running nvda."
Sarah, I don't think it will work. This is a specific command for JAWS scripts for Skype, afaik.

Sarah k Alawami

Ah Ok. Yeah I didn't know that, I don't use jaws. Lol!

Sarah asks: