skype 8 and skype windows 10 which is the better for accessibility

Marvin Hunkin <neilmarvin@...>

Hi. Which is better, skype 8, run in compattability mode for windows 10 or the native windows 10 app and accessibility. And also did hear new conversations in my group and jaws announced the name of the conversation or contact, announced I had 2 updates, so that’s what I was talking about. Pity, not able to know if they are online or not.

Thanks.

I think Skype 8 and Skype UWP both have pros and cons. I actually asked Microsoft's @SkypeSupport on Twitter yesterday (Tuesday) for information on the expect length of life of Skype 8, since it is currently intended only for
older versions of Windows. I await an answer.

I find Skype 8 more responsive than Skype UWP at this time, but I also find Skype UWP to have more features than Skype 8. This includes letting us know which contacts are active versus inactive, though not with the
notifications you requested earlier. (Skype 8.16 does include "Online" by some of my contacts in the Conversations list, but I don't yet know the exact significance of this since it is not shown for all contacts.)

Older versions of Skype UWP often froze on me for up to a minute. Older versions of Skype 8 outright crashed about as often as that. I have not seen either of these problems in updated versions.

On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 04:37:02PM +1030, Marvin Hunkin via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi. Which is better, skype 8, run in compattability mode for windows 10
or the native windows 10 app and accessibility. And also did hear new
conversations in my group and jaws announced the name of the
conversation or contact, announced I had 2 updates, so that's what I
was talking about. Pity, not able to know if they are online or not.

Thanks.

Visible links
3. mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5Bskypeenglish%5D%20skype%208%20and%20skype%20windows%2010%20which%20is%20the%20better%20for%20accessibility
4. mailto:neilmarvin@yahoo.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5Bskypeenglish%5D%20skype%208%20and%20skype%20windows%2010%20which%20is%20the%20better%20for%20accessibility
9. https://groups.io/g/skypeenglish
10. mailto:skypeenglish+owner@groups.io
11. https://groups.io/static/tos

Hidden links:
15. file://localhost/Users/dlee/tmp/neomutt-mini-501-84348-10134127806969074895#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2

"Believe, when you are most unhappy, that there is something for you
to do in the world. So long as you can sweeten another's pain, life is
not in vain." --Helen Keller

Octavian Rasnita

By curiousity, why do you want to know if somebody is online?

--Octavian

Hi. Which is better, skype 8, run in compattability mode for windows 10 or the native windows 10 app and accessibility. And also did hear new conversations in my group and jaws announced the name of the conversation or contact, announced I had 2 updates, so that’s what I was talking about. Pity, not able to know if they are online or not.
Thanks.

Octavian Rasnita

OK, I thought that calling them can be a way to see if they are online.
If they are online it will ring, otherwise the connection will be broken.

--Octavian

Hi. Which is better, skype 8, run in compattability mode for windows 10 or the native windows 10 app and accessibility. And also did hear new conversations in my group and jaws announced the name of the conversation or contact, announced I had 2 updates, so that’s what I was talking about. Pity, not able to know if they are online or not.
Thanks.

Octavian Rasnita

I didn't know that. So did I understand correctly that if I am set to invisible and somebody will call me, that person will hear Skype ringing no matter if my computer is shut down, or the computer is on and Skype is logged in?

--Octavian

Hi. Which is better, skype 8, run in compattability mode for windows 10 or the native windows 10 app and accessibility. And also did hear new conversations in my group and jaws announced the name of the conversation or contact, announced I had 2 updates, so that’s what I was talking about. Pity, not able to know if they are online or not.
Thanks.

Jerry Pryde

If the computer’s shut down, you’re offline.
As long as skype’s running, if you’re in Invisible mode, someone can still call you and it will ring, and you can take the call.
I never call anyone unless it shows the contact as online.

Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2018 6:45 AM