eletron

Marvin Hunkin <neilmarvin@...>

Hi. What is electron and do you have scripts, and what’s the difference between skype electron and skype for windows 10. Confused? Which one is the better one for accessibility with jaws and your scripts. Please advice.

Thanks.

Hello Marvin and list,
if I got well, Skype 8.x Electron is for Windows 8.1 and below, till Win 7 I think. For Windows 10 we'll have to use Skype UWP.

Marvin Hunkin <neilmarvin@...>

hi. got windows 10, and skype for windows is accessible. wish it would tell me if my contacts or conversations were online and also read the tag lines, like it did in skype desktop . maybe doug could add those features in a new script release, as microsoft will retire skype for desktop soon. and pity there's no way for the windows 10 app to start up on start up of windows, being a metro app, unless maybe a settings in ms config, might change that. thanks.

Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>

Marvin. QQuit griping about man and write to MS via the Feedback Hub. I can care less about that mess. If someone is not online so be it.

Lino Morales

hi. got windows 10, and skype for windows is accessible. wish it would tell me if my contacts or conversations were online and also read the tag lines, like it did in skype desktop . maybe doug could add those features in a new script release, as microsoft will retire skype for desktop soon. and pity there's no way for the windows 10 app to start up on start up of windows, being a metro app, unless maybe a settings in ms config, might change that. thanks.

Jerry Pryde

I don’t think that’s Marvin’s point.
If I’m right, he’s saying that he can’t tell whether or not any contacts are online.
As for the MS feedback:  It’s not monitored; MS makes that clear.

Sent: Monday, March 05, 2018 10:53 AM