Date   
Re: Which version is which?

Don & Cher
 

Mine says “Skype 8 settings are loaded. The application being loaded is Skype.exe.” So, I guess I’m not using Electron. So, is Skype 8 and Skype WUP the same thing? Thanks for your helpful response.

 

Cher

 

 

 

From: skypeenglish@groups.io [mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 7:41 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Which version is which?

 

With JAWS, if you press JAWS Key plus Q and here a message about Chrome settings being loaded, you are using the Skype Electron application. Go directly to http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/ and pick up the scripts for this version of Skype. While Doug has scripts for this one and the Universal Windows platform version, the Electron version's script support seems to work better.

 

On 10/29/2018 5:12 PM, Don & Cher wrote:

I have 8.33 but no idea if it is ‘Electron’ WUP, or whatever the difference is supposed to be. The FS memo advising JFW users said to turn the virtual cursor off. Inamuddin says to definitely turn virtual cursor on- and he seems to be talking about the Electron version.

 

Can someone clarify and explain how to find out the source of my version? I was running 7.41 and used the ‘update button’ when the program launched. Thanks for helping untangle the many versions. .

 

Cher

 

 

Re: recording calls in skype latest version

Mike DeZinno
 

Hello All,
Just offering a possible reason for the mp4 recording format.
There is a feature of Skype that us being blind might not think much about and that's the Skype video calls that one can also make.
Maybe the recording app takes that into consideration also.
Like I say, just throwing that out there as a possible explanation.

Mike, in SC


At 12:29 PM 10/30/2018, you wrote:
I honestly do not understand why they use MP4 format being it only an audio call...
It looks like MP3 Skype Recorder works with Skype 8.x, so I think I'll test when the occasion arrives.
Bye!
Barbuz



Re: recording calls in skype latest version

Michele Barbi
 

I honestly do not understand why they use MP4 format being it only an audio call...
It looks like MP3 Skype Recorder works with Skype 8.x, so I think I'll test when the occasion arrives.
Bye!
Barbuz

Re: recording calls in skype latest version

inam din
 

No matter if you have activated web came or not, it always saves as MP4!

With regards from Inamuddin with the Skype ID:

Charlsdarwin1

 

 

It is nice to be important but it is more important to be nice!

You can contact me via gmail:

inamuddin09@...

outlook:

inam092@...

Yahoo:

inamuddin2010@...

AOL:

charlsdarwin1969@...

Add my Skype ID:

charlsdarwin1

Find me on facebook:

www.facebook.com/inamuddin786

Follow me on twitter:

www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1

Call me on my cell:

+92-334-3348409

 


From: skypeenglish@groups.io <skypeenglish@groups.io> on behalf of Michele Barbi <barbi.michele@...>
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 8:24:05 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] recording calls in skype latest version
 
Well I tested once with Skype 8.x for Windows, I don't remember if it
was saved on the cloud or on my pc, but I think it was saved in a video
format such as mp4. This sounded to me a bit strange, but...
Possibly, in that case it was a conference and someone actually
activated webcam.
Bye!
Barbuz



Re: recording calls in skype latest version

Michele Barbi
 

Well I tested once with Skype 8.x for Windows, I don't remember if it was saved on the cloud or on my pc, but I think it was saved in a video format such as mp4. This sounded to me a bit strange, but...
Possibly, in that case it was a conference and someone actually activated webcam.
Bye!
Barbuz

Re: recording calls in skype latest version

Sarah k Alawami
 

I never actually saw that in any of my skype sessions or windows, at least on mac. Is it not there yet?

Take care

On 30 Oct 2018, at 7:59, John Sanders wrote:

Hi,

Ok thanks.

where do you go to get access to the cloud to download the files?

What format are the files saved in?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

John Sanders



On 10/30/2018 9:56 AM, inamuddin khan wrote:

If you are using Skype 8, you will find record button during call!

It will record on cloud and you can download it!

With regards from Inamuddin with the Skype ID:

Charlsdarwin1

 

 

It is nice to be important but it is more important to be nice!

You can contact me via gmail:

inamuddin09@...

outlook:

inam092@...

Yahoo:

inamuddin2010@...

AOL:

charlsdarwin1969@...

Add my Skype ID:

charlsdarwin1

Find me on facebook:

www.facebook.com/inamuddin786

Follow me on twitter:

www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1

Call me on my cell:

+92-334-3348409

 

From: John Sanders
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 6:52 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: [skypeenglish] recording calls in skype latest version

 

Hi,

 

I have a question: I'm wanting to record calls in skype.

 

How should I go about doing that?

 

I hope to hear from you soon.

 

Sincerely,

 

John Sanders

 

 

 

 

 


Re: recording calls in skype latest version

John Sanders
 

Hi,

Ok thanks.

where do you go to get access to the cloud to download the files?

What format are the files saved in?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

John Sanders



On 10/30/2018 9:56 AM, inamuddin khan wrote:

If you are using Skype 8, you will find record button during call!

It will record on cloud and you can download it!

With regards from Inamuddin with the Skype ID:

Charlsdarwin1

 

 

It is nice to be important but it is more important to be nice!

You can contact me via gmail:

inamuddin09@...

outlook:

inam092@...

Yahoo:

inamuddin2010@...

AOL:

charlsdarwin1969@...

Add my Skype ID:

charlsdarwin1

Find me on facebook:

www.facebook.com/inamuddin786

Follow me on twitter:

www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1

Call me on my cell:

+92-334-3348409

 

From: John Sanders
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 6:52 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: [skypeenglish] recording calls in skype latest version

 

Hi,

 

I have a question: I'm wanting to record calls in skype.

 

How should I go about doing that?

 

I hope to hear from you soon.

 

Sincerely,

 

John Sanders

 

 

 

 

 


Re: recording calls in skype latest version

inamuddin khan
 

If you are using Skype 8, you will find record button during call!

It will record on cloud and you can download it!

With regards from Inamuddin with the Skype ID:

Charlsdarwin1

 

 

It is nice to be important but it is more important to be nice!

You can contact me via gmail:

inamuddin09@...

outlook:

inam092@...

Yahoo:

inamuddin2010@...

AOL:

charlsdarwin1969@...

Add my Skype ID:

charlsdarwin1

Find me on facebook:

www.facebook.com/inamuddin786

Follow me on twitter:

www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1

Call me on my cell:

+92-334-3348409

 

From: John Sanders
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 6:52 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: [skypeenglish] recording calls in skype latest version

 

Hi,

 

I have a question: I'm wanting to record calls in skype.

 

How should I go about doing that?

 

I hope to hear from you soon.

 

Sincerely,

 

John Sanders

 

 

 

 

 

recording calls in skype latest version

John Sanders
 

Hi,

I have a question: I'm wanting to record calls in skype.

How should I go about doing that?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

John Sanders

Re: Which version is which?

Steve Matzura <number6@...>
 

With JAWS, if you press JAWS Key plus Q and here a message about Chrome settings being loaded, you are using the Skype Electron application. Go directly to http://www.dlee.org/skype/electron/ and pick up the scripts for this version of Skype. While Doug has scripts for this one and the Universal Windows platform version, the Electron version's script support seems to work better.


On 10/29/2018 5:12 PM, Don & Cher wrote:

I have 8.33 but no idea if it is ‘Electron’ WUP, or whatever the difference is supposed to be. The FS memo advising JFW users said to turn the virtual cursor off. Inamuddin says to definitely turn virtual cursor on- and he seems to be talking about the Electron version.

 

Can someone clarify and explain how to find out the source of my version? I was running 7.41 and used the ‘update button’ when the program launched. Thanks for helping untangle the many versions. .

 

Cher



Which version is which?

Don & Cher
 

I have 8.33 but no idea if it is ‘Electron’ WUP, or whatever the difference is supposed to be. The FS memo advising JFW users said to turn the virtual cursor off. Inamuddin says to definitely turn virtual cursor on- and he seems to be talking about the Electron version.

 

Can someone clarify and explain how to find out the source of my version? I was running 7.41 and used the ‘update button’ when the program launched. Thanks for helping untangle the many versions. .

 

Cher

Re: Just installed 8.32- got questions!

matthew dyer <ilovecountrymusic483@...>
 

Hi,

 

Jaws+CTRL+V should give you the version number.  HTH.

 

Matthew

 

 

 

From: skypeenglish@groups.io <skypeenglish@groups.io> On Behalf Of Don & Cher
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2018 3:03 PM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: [skypeenglish] Just installed 8.32- got questions!

 

Under control center/programs and features the old Skype 7.41 is listed- but not the new. Under ‘all apps’ there is a Skype listed with no version but with the word new after the listing. Insert Q says I’m running scripts for Skype 8. When I tried to install the version 8.31 I had downloaded, windows message said I should get the one from the Microsoft store. The store seemed totally inaccessible, so launched Skype 7 and used the built in update feature.

 

Without a help menu, how can I verify the version? Can I delete 7.41? Why is one version in control center and another in ‘all apps’? Thanks.

 

Confused in Tennessee- Cher

 

 

Re: Just installed 8.32- got questions!

Don & Cher
 

I was afraid that the new version shared files with Skype 7 and that uninstalling it would cause problems. Thanks for that version identification keystroke- I was leaving out the control key. I’m actually running 8.33.

 

Cher

 

 

 

From: skypeenglish@groups.io [mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 4:45 AM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Just installed 8.32- got questions!

 

Skype version 7 will soon cease to function. Uninstall it and get used to using Skype 8.

 

There are two versions of Skype 8--one from the Microsoft Store, one from skype.com. To find out which you have, run it, and if you're using JAWS as your screen reader, press JAWS Key plus Control plus V to hear the version number spoken.

 

On 10/28/2018 3:02 PM, Don & Cher wrote:

Under control center/programs and features the old Skype 7.41 is listed- but not the new. Under ‘all apps’ there is a Skype listed with no version but with the word new after the listing. Insert Q says I’m running scripts for Skype 8. When I tried to install the version 8.31 I had downloaded, windows message said I should get the one from the Microsoft store. The store seemed totally inaccessible, so launched Skype 7 and used the built in update feature.

 

Without a help menu, how can I verify the version? Can I delete 7.41? Why is one version in control center and another in ‘all apps’? Thanks.

 

Confused in Tennessee- Cher

 

 

 

 

Re: Just installed 8.32- got questions!

Steve Matzura <number6@...>
 

Skype version 7 will soon cease to function. Uninstall it and get used to using Skype 8.


There are two versions of Skype 8--one from the Microsoft Store, one from skype.com. To find out which you have, run it, and if you're using JAWS as your screen reader, press JAWS Key plus Control plus V to hear the version number spoken.


On 10/28/2018 3:02 PM, Don & Cher wrote:

Under control center/programs and features the old Skype 7.41 is listed- but not the new. Under ‘all apps’ there is a Skype listed with no version but with the word new after the listing. Insert Q says I’m running scripts for Skype 8. When I tried to install the version 8.31 I had downloaded, windows message said I should get the one from the Microsoft store. The store seemed totally inaccessible, so launched Skype 7 and used the built in update feature.

 

Without a help menu, how can I verify the version? Can I delete 7.41? Why is one version in control center and another in ‘all apps’? Thanks.

 

Confused in Tennessee- Cher

 

 



How to select and locate contacts in Skype 8.32

Don & Cher
 

I select the contacts tab and activate the ‘all’ button- but could not see contacts today though I did last night. What’s the trick?

 

I searched for one contact I messaged last night and which is listed as both active and a favorite- but can’t see it anywhere on screen- unless I activate the JAWS touch cursor. How do I navigate to a specific contact again? How do I select it so I can call or message it? Is there a key command or script which makes this work better? Thanks!

 

Frustrated in Tennessee- Cher

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just installed 8.32- got questions!

Don & Cher
 

Under control center/programs and features the old Skype 7.41 is listed- but not the new. Under ‘all apps’ there is a Skype listed with no version but with the word new after the listing. Insert Q says I’m running scripts for Skype 8. When I tried to install the version 8.31 I had downloaded, windows message said I should get the one from the Microsoft store. The store seemed totally inaccessible, so launched Skype 7 and used the built in update feature.

 

Without a help menu, how can I verify the version? Can I delete 7.41? Why is one version in control center and another in ‘all apps’? Thanks.

 

Confused in Tennessee- Cher

 

 

Re: a question about multiple users

ken lawrence
 

It sounded like he was asked for a verification code on log in.  he says now that it has been fixed. I don’t think it was in the chat window because he’d have likely ignored it.  I know I didn’t have any trouble this morning on my show.  I had gotten a capcha on facebook once when I tried to message someone but the only codes I can think of was the one you are asked for when you verify a phone number.  I did it on my account and was able to have skype call me and give it verbally. But don’t think it was in the chat window while he was online. Sounded like he was asked for a verify on log in. 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Doug Lee
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2018 11:35 AM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] a question about multiple users

 

When you say "asked for a code," what exactly do you mean is happening?

 

Is a dialog popping up asking for something? If so, it would help to let us know what the dialog text says.

 

Is a chat message arriving in the active window asking for a code to be sent as a reply? If so, I recommend caution, as this could well just be a spam / phishing attempt by a Skyper out there, and not anything from Skype

itself.

 

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 11:29:36AM -0400, ken lawrence via Groups.Io wrote:

   Hi list, ken here.  On the out of sight station I have successfully

   logged into and out of our station account, but last night one of our

   jocks got prompted to enter a code. We do have a phone number connected

   to the account so that listeners can landline or call via a cell rather

   than skype.  I haven't ever been asked for a code and any code that

   might be sent would go to a non working number. The phone number only

   works when that skype account is active. How or why did one of our

   jocks get asked for a code?

 

 

   Sent from [1]Mail for Windows 10

 

 

  

 

References

 

   1. https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986

   2. https://groups.io/g/skypeenglish/message/3446

   3. mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5Bskypeenglish%5D%20a%20question%20about%20multiple%20users

   4. mailto:kenlawrence124@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5Bskypeenglish%5D%20a%20question%20about%20multiple%20users

   5. https://groups.io/mt/27633414/409874

   6. https://groups.io/g/skypeenglish/post

   7. http://www.dlee.org/skype/

   8. https://groups.io/g/skypeenglish/editsub/409874

   9. mailto:skypeenglish+owner@groups.io

  10. https://groups.io/g/skypeenglish/leave/defanged

 

--

Doug Lee                 dgl@...                http://www.dlee.org

Level Access             doug.lee@...    http://www.LevelAccess.com

What is most worth paying for, you buy with the life you live.

(11/10/07)

 

 

 

Re: a question about multiple users

Doug Lee
 

When you say "asked for a code," what exactly do you mean is happening?

Is a dialog popping up asking for something? If so, it would help to let us know what the dialog text says.

Is a chat message arriving in the active window asking for a code to be sent as a reply? If so, I recommend caution, as this could well just be a spam / phishing attempt by a Skyper out there, and not anything from Skype
itself.

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 11:29:36AM -0400, ken lawrence via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi list, ken here. On the out of sight station I have successfully
logged into and out of our station account, but last night one of our
jocks got prompted to enter a code. We do have a phone number connected
to the account so that listeners can landline or call via a cell rather
than skype. I haven't ever been asked for a code and any code that
might be sent would go to a non working number. The phone number only
works when that skype account is active. How or why did one of our
jocks get asked for a code?


Sent from [1]Mail for Windows 10




References

1. https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986
2. https://groups.io/g/skypeenglish/message/3446
3. mailto:skypeenglish@groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5Bskypeenglish%5D%20a%20question%20about%20multiple%20users
4. mailto:kenlawrence124@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5Bskypeenglish%5D%20a%20question%20about%20multiple%20users
5. https://groups.io/mt/27633414/409874
6. https://groups.io/g/skypeenglish/post
7. http://www.dlee.org/skype/
8. https://groups.io/g/skypeenglish/editsub/409874
9. mailto:skypeenglish+owner@groups.io
10. https://groups.io/g/skypeenglish/leave/defanged

--
Doug Lee dgl@... http://www.dlee.org
Level Access doug.lee@... http://www.LevelAccess.com
What is most worth paying for, you buy with the life you live.
(11/10/07)

a question about multiple users

ken lawrence
 

Hi list, ken here.  On the out of sight station I have successfully logged into and out of our station account, but last night one of our jocks got prompted to enter a code. We do have a phone number connected to the account so that listeners can landline or call via a cell rather than skype.  I haven’t ever been asked for a code and any code that might be sent would go to a non working number. The phone number only works when that skype account is active. How or why did one of our jocks get asked for a code? 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

Re: Chat messages are not read automaticaly with Jaws 18 on Windows 7

Алик Гаджимурадов
 

I know that among the blind is many users of Windows 7 with Jaws 18.0 and they no plans to upgrade to Windows 10. For example, those whose computers
are too old for Win 10.
These people are now using Skype 7, but will soon be left without a convenient tool for communication. Therefore, it would be very nice to fix read
messages from Skype on Windows 7.
I am willing to help in this, acting as a tester.
By the way, in Skype 8.25 messages were read normally.
I cann ot say exactly when its broke , because upgraded my desktop computer to Windows 10.
But on my laptop still installed Windows 7 and i don't want change it to windows 10.
Kind regards,
Alkor.