Re: Skype script revision 226 released, with notable date handling changes during chat message navigation

Doug Lee

For anyone else curious, my reasons for the big change in chat message date handling, in no particular order:

Ease of finding out the date of a message if many occurred on the same date (the [ D sequence is new).

Annoyance at the JAWS stutter on navigating across a date boundary in older scripts. This was caused by my
having to navigate, abort the default announcement, announce the date, and then re-do the normal message
announcement.

Annoyance at having to wait through full dates before I could hear a message's content, especially in
conversations where most days consisted of only one or two messages.

A few users over time commenting that they were confused by my "Leaving ..." announcements.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 10:10:31PM +0200, Michele Barbi wrote:
Allright Doug, I updated to this revision, many thanks! Don't know why you
decided for a radical system change, but at least it works.

"I am a leader by default, only because nature does not allow a vacuum."
Bishop Desmond Tutu