locked Re: Leaving the group and deleteing Skype

Sarah k Alawami

I don't mind the touch scree, use it every day for work. I don't use skype on my phone except to commhnicate with my clients, but I think we are going to switch to teams, thank god. And it can't come soon enough.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@skypeenglish.groups.io <main@skypeenglish.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Bernard via groups.io
Sent: Friday, July 9, 2021 6:16 PM
To: main@skypeenglish.groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Leaving the group and deleteing Skype

I'm currently running Skype version 8.73 and I've noticed that they finally brought back the check boxes where we can easily add people to the call that's currently in progress. This version appears to work fine with Jaws. However, it'd be nice if they'd bring back the start up and shut down sounds, as well as the ability to change skype sounds and give us back the sound that would tell you that someone is trying to call, even while you're already in an active call. I still have yet to find out what the mobile version of skype is like, but because of the darn touch screen keyboard, this is quite a challenege. I mean challenge. I think due to the multitudes of complaints sent in to them even by our sighted counter parts, they're slowly starting to get the message that they've got to put back the accessability. We'll certainly miss you Lino.
Mike

Do you like disco? Do you like to shake your groove with New Wave, 90s Hip hop, Or today’s slammin hits? If so, check out my show every Wednesday night from 7 to 10 pm Eastern on Sonic Radio:
www.sonicradio.rocks

From: main@skypeenglish.groups.io [mailto:main@skypeenglish.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kimmie
Sent: Friday, July 9, 2021 8:07 PM
To: main@skypeenglish.groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] Leaving the group and deleteing Skype

Well that was telling us wasn't it. In fact I have found that skype is just about the same as before, and it seems to be much easier to handle. Have I just got the patience or what? Remember how we used to use alt1 to find our favorite contacts, well it's back.

From: main@skypeenglish.groups.io [mailto:main@skypeenglish.groups.io]
On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: Saturday, July 10, 2021 11:01 AM
To: skypeenglish@groups.io
Subject: [skypeenglish] Leaving the group and deleteing Skype

Well folks. After some thinking I'm removing Skype for good and
leaving this group. I know I don't have to write this message, but I
wanted to thank and give a hardy vitural handshake to Douggy Lee for
writing the awesomer than awesome scripts for JFW. I also want to
thank Sarah for running this ideration of the list and for Petros who
used to run it way, way, way back. Now with that said the future of
Skype is as they say dead in the water. In WIN 11 which is coming out
in the fall will not have Skype. Skype's audio quallity has nothing
but piss poor. I've not been happy with it for years now. I use Google Duo etc. on Android.
Also I downloaded MS Teams which if anyone wants to join me their go
for it. I don't see MS doing anymore development for Skype in 2022 and
beyond. Skype. You and I have been friends since 2004. Its like
leaving an old friend who's died. Some of you I've helped for many
years like Barbas. And with that I'm outa here. Find me on socials. I'll be their.

Join main@skypeenglish.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.