locked Re: Leaving the group and deleteing Skype

Doug Lee

Ah, Lino, in case you still see this... I've always seen you as both blunt and quick to move. This has pros
and cons of course.

I find that in Skype 8.72, the long hated delay on opening a new conversation is completely gone. This of
course does not by itself indicate that Skype will live forever, but I'd say it does indicate continuing
development.

I continue to use Skype, though I prefer Telegram and specifically Unigram these days.

On Fri, Jul 09, 2021 at 07:00:35PM -0400, Lino Morales wrote:
Well folks. After some thinking I'm removing Skype for good and leaving this
group. I know I don't have to write this message, but I wanted to thank and
give a hardy vitural handshake to Douggy Lee for writing the awesomer than
awesome scripts for JFW. I also want to thank Sarah for running this ideration
of the list and for Petros who used to run it way, way, way back. Now with
that said the future of Skype is as they say dead in the water. In WIN 11
which is coming out in the fall will not have Skype. Skype's audio quallity
has nothing but piss poor. I've not been happy with it for years now. I use
Google Duo etc. on Android. Also I downloaded MS Teams which if anyone wants
to join me their go for it. I don't see MS doing anymore development for Skype
in 2022 and beyond. Skype. You and I have been friends since 2004. Its like
leaving an old friend who's died. Some of you I've helped for many years like
Barbas. And with that I'm outa here. Find me on socials. I'll be their.

In laughter, love is found; but in tears, it is forged. (12/09/01)