Re: I think Skype is dead, daad, dead

Jerry Pryde

That's what came down in the automatic update.  So, I uninstalled it after restarting the system, because the sounds weren't working.

After a fresh download from skype.com, it seems to be OK so far.

I'm checking regularly for messages, just in case.

The ringtone when a call comes in works, and the hang up sound.

The typing and the incoming message sounds don't seem to work.

On 2021-05-05 12:56 a.m., Bill White wrote:
Hi, John. That's usually what I do, too, but I heard people talking about version 8.71, and I only had 8.68, and the updater didn't give me 8.71, so I went to the website to update.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

-----Original Message-----
From: main@skypeenglish.groups.io [mailto:main@skypeenglish.groups.io] On Behalf Of John Holcomb II
Sent: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 8:14 PM
To: main@skypeenglish.groups.io
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] I think Skype is dead, daad, dead

I just update when the updater comes up when I reboot Windows.
John

From: main@skypeenglish.groups.io <main@skypeenglish.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2021 10:28 PM
Subject: Re: [skypeenglish] I think Skype is dead, daad, dead

Well, Lino. You are running Skype version 8.68, and I just yesterday to the Skype website, and updated to version 8.71. If you want to give up that easily, it's your choice. But I'd rather see them develop something that works, instead of developing something it will take them several builds to fix any bugs.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

From: main@skypeenglish.groups.io [mailto:main@skypeenglish.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 6:55 PM
Subject: [skypeenglish] I think Skype is dead, daad, dead

Well like I said. I've not seen any new development of new versions of Skype. Has anyone heard anything new from Microsloth? I'm running Skype Indider builds and I'am at V 8.68. I'll give it till May 31 and if I hear nothing I'm ditching Skype forever and lieaving this list. Nothing against you guys of course. You all are good people.

Join main@skypeenglish.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.