Re: Has Skype 8.69 for Windows really been retired?

Doug Lee

I have repeatedly looked but never seen Skype 8.69 offered directly by Microsoft, though I have checked the Microsoft Store and the "Check for Updates" in Desktop Skype more often than I checked the skype.com website.

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 09:08:01PM +0100, Michele Barbi wrote:
Hi there, I was waiting for a scripts update since I encountered that Skype
8.69 broke some fixes that Doug already made in the past. I recently figured
out though, that when I go to Skype's download page I get version 8.68 once
again. There is an hotfix for the Mac version, but in Windows the situation is
like I described. Do you have some news on it?

I already had Skype 8.68 installer so I decided to downgrade for now, and when
I go to check for updates I get the message saying that I have the latest
version.

Reality is not what we see. Reality is what is, whether we see it or not.
(03/01/09)