Re: A pair of questions regarding Skype for Windows 10

Doug Lee

Interesting that your friend's system is not running my scripts as expected. Make sure you restarted JAWS once after installing my scripts, because JAWS often won't see changes to the ConfigNames.ini file, which decides which
scripts to load for which application, until JAWS is restarted.

As for launching the Store version of Skype, I just type "Skype" into the Start search box and press Enter. I'm not sure how to make a Desktop shortcut for that version, but I never needed to try. Of course it is also
possible to make Skype automatically load on system start; it's a checkbox in Settings.

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 01:03:42PM +0100, Michele Barbi wrote:
Hi guys,

first of all I should say that I am runnig Skype for Windows desktop instead
of the one for Windows 10. During a Tandem session with a friend of mine, I
discovered that she's using the one for Windows 10 instead, the one from the
Microsoft store; at least, I think so. So here are the questions:

1. Is there a way to add this app in the desktop?

2. Since there were some problems when going back to Skype, I decided to
install the scripts by Doug Lee, but apparently they're not recognized
correctly. Her JAWS version is 2020, but she still has build 2001. What can we
do?

In healthy competition, the best battles are not for status, but for excellence;
and the battles are not between me and you,
but between you and you, and between me and me. (08/15/2009)