Re: Skype update

Chela Robles

There is something that I have noticed with Skype and I don’t know if it’s just me but I have the latest Skype and the latest jaws and obviously the latest jaws Scripps. A friend of mine was having a hard time hearing me last night when I wanted to choose my blue yeti microphone which was on and can only hear me through my USB logitech clear chat headset I made sure that my Blue yeti microphone was selected for Skype but for some reason, while it does work with zoom, it’s not playing very well with Skype right now and I’ve noticed this a couple times any thoughts would be appreciated very much thank you. I’m using windows 10 by the way.

On Sep 27, 2020, at 10:36 AM, Nick Giannak III <nick@...> wrote:

Have her press the alt key twice. Per Doug Lee...

    "Sometimes, Skype' accessibility information winds up owned by another window that is not part of Skype, which causes screen readers to become confused."

    Pressing alt twice is how to solve that problem with NVDA.

Thanks,

nick

On 9/27/2020 12:11 PM, albert brown wrote:
Hello, a friend of mine updated her skype on her desktop, sorry I should say it updated automatically. The problem is when the skype program is launched nothing is spoken. She is using NVDA screenreader. Can anyone please give me a solution to this problem.

Albert